• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rust in gas tank

Lindsaym151

Hey guys ,
Started my resto on my 151a2 today. I found i have a great deal of rust in my gas tank .Whats the best way to get it out or seal it?

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMO , For a rusted fuel tank , I like to have them coated with RENEWIT . The tank is acid cleaned , then they use a plastic type coating that after it dries is VERY good . Then they coat the outside with uncoating tha's a PITA to work with , but works well . Most shops that clean rads and gas tanks can have it done , it IS a little costly . The other option is try and find a LKQ gas tank . There are DYI coating kits also , but if they are not applied correctly , you are left a scrap tank . Bob k

Lindsaym151

Let the tank dry out! had it sand blasted , looks like new! Flushing it out with some used Diesel . It will be like new ! with no sand or contaminates! All so will be running a few in line filters for the 1st few tank fulls

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks