• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 09 Mods

bjsmith

When I got it had 6" lift and 35/14.5 boggers on 10 bolts with 3.73s. Now it has about 7" lift redid the front with longer shackles and did rear shackle flip to remove blocks it had and made my own 2.5" block that also moves axle back to recenter in wheel well. Has Dana 44 front with limited slip and 14 Bolt rear with detroit locker and 3.73s for now soon to be 4.56 or 4.88s. Sitting on 39.5/15 Super Swamp TSLs My wife seems to like it too. Also in pic with it flexing i ahd the sway bar on. I have since removed it and I'm about to but a trac bar on because it has some death wobble that I have taken care of for the moment with dual steering stabilizers. Hoping the trac bar will cure it everthing else is good and tight.

Attachments

Last edited:

bjsmith

Here is the trac bar. I paln on redoing it when I upgrade to a dana 60 one day but it does the job. Took care of death wobble and made steering better. I also will be installing 6.5 turbo setup soon. I have most of what needed just missing intake. Or maybe a 24v cummins if I can find one for a decent price. I already did a 12v swap in my daily driver so if i do a engine swap I want it to be something different
trac bar 1.jpgtrac bar 2.jpgtrac bar 3.jpg

Croatan_Kid

The death wobble is probably a combination of ball joints and caster. What's the caster measure? I believe you'll want about 5* positive (top of knuckle leaning back, towards the rear) on a D44, 3* positive on a D60. Panhard bar looks good, just make sure when you swap in the D60 that it's parallel with the draglink if you go to crossover. If not, you'll get some funky steering responses, usually bump steer.

Just need to scoot that front axle forward about an inch or 1.5" and it'll look that much better! Sweet rig though, none-the-less.

bjsmith

The caster is at 8 right now and the ball joints where tight I didn't see any play in them when I put axles in. But I plan to check then again. I just pickup up the tool to set premise on the ball joints to I will set everything to specs and remove track bar to see if it fixed it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks