• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun Truck Brutus.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
looking good and nice attention to detail. I'm getting ready to re-start the wrecker build. I still have the wrecker story you sent me.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Jeff, Ron (Black Widow) and I were talking a few minutes ago on the phone and if we can get your "Brutus" and Brandon's "Justifier" down here we have a shot at having 10 replica/tribute Guntrucks in one place at the same time. That has been done only once since Vietnam...at Pigeon Forge, TN.

JATONKA promised if I brought Proud to PA he would bring Aces and Eights down here, and as far as I know he plans to. Ron has enlisted a crew of Marine pilots to help him drive Black Widow up.

The plans are taking shape and I'm getting excited.

If you can get "Brutus" down here, I/we will be sure you get some help with fuel money etc. I can also help with a crash pad if you wanna sleep in my raggedy ole camper and you can shower in the truck shop...or the camper. It also has a stove, fridge, AC...etc.

Just some stuff to think about...motivation wise.:beer:

Last edited:

vtdeucedriver

Jeff, Ron (Black Widow) and I were talking a few minutes ago on the phone and if we can get your "Brutus" and Brandon's "Justifier" down here we have a shot at having 10 replica/tribute Guntrucks in one place at the same time. That has been done only once since Vietnam...at Pigeon Forge, TN.

JATONKA promised if I brought Proud to PA he would bring Aces and Eights down here, and as far as I know he plans to. Ron has enlisted a crew of Marine pilots to help him drive Black Widow up.

The plans are taking shape and I'm getting excited.

If you can get "Brutus" down here, I/we will be sure you get some help with fuel money etc. I can also help with a crash pad if you wanna sleep in my raggedy ole camper and you can shower in the truck shop...or the camper. It also has a stove, fridge, AC...etc.

Just some stuff to think about...motivation wise.:beer:
Thanks PB for the offer......................I cant commit to anything just yet. Lets see what happens in July.....Right now I am going day by day with it. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather up here.

jatonka

Papa Bear, I am coming with Aces & Eights, I still can't believe I committed, but, I'm on. 12 new 11.00x20's, turbo on a non turbo Deuce, some extra electric stuff and we're on our way!!!!!!!!!! You better be ready to cart me in or out if I break. John T

jatonka

P Bear, I'm starting to work on Aces & Eights in the next week or so, 12 New tires, a turbo, a cargo cover, a pyro, and an oil change and a lot of serious prayers that this happens with calm happiness . JT

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
P Bear, I'm starting to work on Aces & Eights in the next week or so, 12 New tires, a turbo, a cargo cover, a pyro, and an oil change and a lot of serious prayers that this happens with calm happiness . JT
She's a beautiful truck for sure JT. I'm sure she will do ya Proud!!:beer:

vtdeucedriver

Papa Bear, I am coming with Aces & Eights, I still can't believe I committed, but, I'm on. 12 new 11.00x20's, turbo on a non turbo Deuce, some extra electric stuff and we're on our way!!!!!!!!!! You better be ready to cart me in or out if I break. John T

11.00x20's and a turbo?????? say it isn so??

vtdeucedriver

Here is a quick update. Not going to say a lot but progress is made. The engine panel is a test of the color shade for the gun box. :-D

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

Keep going Jeff, meet me in PA. on 8/3/14 for the convoy south, it'll be a long lonely ride otherwise. JT
Sorry JT, You will be solo on this trip. I still will be working the bugs out of the ole girl. Come up in July and we will smoke some cigars and have a few cold ones under the GP...............got a couple guests coming this yr.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Guess I can throw a bone out there for 2015, getting closer. Got a few miles on it last fall.
Jeff, one of the guys at the Gathering this year mentioned he and some others were going to try and build Brutus. I didn't get his name or location because I was being grabbed and pulled in four directions at once and I had forgotten you were doing this truck.

Do you have some sorta group helping with this or are these guys totally separate?

I'm sorry Brother...I wish I had gotten a name or SOME kind of information from the feller.

vtdeucedriver

Jeff, one of the guys at the Gathering this year mentioned he and some others were going to try and build Brutus. I didn't get his name or location because I was being grabbed and pulled in four directions at once and I had forgotten you were doing this truck.

Do you have some sorta group helping with this or are these guys totally separate?

I'm sorry Brother...I wish I had gotten a name or SOME kind of information from the feller.

Hey PB. I talked with one of them tonight on the phone. He was one of the drivers on Brutus in 69. Him and another guy are looking to purchase a truck and a museum in WI has offered to build it for them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks