• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is there many AZ folks here?

Mos68x

Hey there! I hope to be picking up a truck in a couple days and finish my drive back home. I live about halfway between Flagstaff and Klingman, a few miles west of Seligman right off the interstate.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a safe trip!!

Hey there! I hope to be picking up a truck in a couple days and finish my drive back home. I live about halfway between Flagstaff and Klingman, a few miles west of Seligman right off the interstate.

1943ht

Ditto the safe trip MOS68, what type of truck? Do you happen to know a Paul De Nublio in Kingman? Former Marine, and a fellow MVP collector.

1943ht

AZK9, Safe travels and please do look me up when you get back .... we'll burn a little Angus flesh tell tales about our I forgot to duck stories and I'll run you out to the hanger to visit the Queen and some of her subjects. Anyone else headed up this way is always welcome, just give me a days notice so that I can plan accordingly and to ensure that I'm about the house.

Mos68x

Thanks guys! It's a 1992 BMY M934A2. She's got a few quirks that I'll have to work on, but overall a good truck. I'll be sure to get in contact with you when I get back 1943ht.

Mos68x

Besides 1943ht, is there anyone else still in the Prescott/Kingman/Flagstaff area? I pretty much live smack dab in the middle of all three...give or take 20 miles. I need to get my truck registered and since Kingman is closest I thought about going there to get it all done. 98G hooked me up with the info for getting it registered, but if it'll need an inspection first then I might as well go to whatever city it has to be done in first. Only bad thing is it'll wipe out my spending money for next month with the sales tax BS and getting it registered. I'd like to get my Harley taken care of at the same time but doubt I'll have the money for it too. Might just make a consolidated trip to Prescott since I really need some tools from HF and Kingman still don't have one yet. If I do that I'll probably stop by to say hi Mark if you're around and available.

1943ht

MOS68X Give me a call when your in town if you need any help ... I know the cop who does the level one and two inspections at the AZ MVD, he's a good sh!t, and believe it or not his last name is Outlaw. FYI: Level 1 and 2 inspections are only done on Tuesdays here from 8am to 3pm as the inspector travels to other sites on the other weekdays.

Mos68x

Guess I'll have dig a little deeper and find out if I need that inspection. It'll be a real PITA since I have to go down there on the 1st. If I don't need it then I'll just run over to kingman instead and then go to Prescott.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess I'll have dig a little deeper and find out if I need that inspection. It'll be a real PITA since I have to go down there on the 1st. If I don't need it then I'll just run over to kingman instead and then go to Prescott.
The DMV regs clearly state that historic registration is exempt from the inspection.

However, DMV employees tend to be clueless and unhelpful, so they may have you do it anyway....

Mos68x

But they also had a blurb somewhere about if a vehicle had previous registration it was also exempt too. I just remembered that the last vehicle I did in Kingman was older than 25 years but I went with normal plates and they never asked for it. Could've been luck of the draw though with the clerk so who knows. The other part that could effect that is that vehicle used to have plates on it from the previous owner, although they were long expired, and it was titled in AZ. The truck will be an out of state deal though, so there's really no tellin what they'll make me do.

azteclizard

I recently moved to Yuma, AZ for CO and brought my bobbed m52a2 with me. Its great to see there are others here in AZ that enjoy the green iron.

mweidhaas

Wheaty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased 2 air force trucks, 3 serial numbers apart in Tucson. One runs and the other is a parts truck. I had them brought up by truck to Cave Creek last February. They both have the newer dual circuit brake systems. They are both "C" model drop side bed versions. I have a friend near by who has a 66 M109A3. When the weather permits, we run them offroad. I am in the process of adding G177 11R20 radial tires and IMG_2117.jpgIMG_2118.jpgIMG_1870.jpgIMG_1871.jpgIMG_1894.jpgA/C to my running M35A2C. I am a member of the AZ military vehicle collectors club as well.

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Add me to the list of AZ owners!

I'm in mesa... working on my '82 deuce when I have spare time.

It's nice knowing there's such an active community around this hobby!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks