• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1 1/2 Ton 4X4 Ambulance VF-407

Wolfen

I am looking for information on the VF-407 1 1/2 Ton 4x4 Ambulance. I've done a Google search and have only found one Picture. The Book I have Dodge WW2 Military Portfolio 1940 - 1945 has the same Picture. I was thinking of building a Replica out of a TF/VF/WF Panel Truck Body. But I would need to find a Body to use. Does anyone know of one? It has to be the 143" 1 1/2 Ton Panel Truck Body.

Gordon_M

I had a pic in the back of it taken at the same sort of time, but it went west in a PC crash and never found it again. Inside was very ambulance-like, only real points it showed were the WC54 type fold down rear step, because the back of it was a heck of a height off the ground.

Take a standard VF military chassis cab, and drop on most of a WF 1.5 ton panel body and you will be about there. Note that unless you can find a VF or TF panel body ( not likely ) you'll have to section the body at the roof joint and fit the front of a VF cab to get the full waterfall dash, but that'll get rid of the cowl light holes too.

Later .....

Eric Bannerman just pointed out that the cab / cowl and front metal is 1939/40 military VF, but the doors and rear shell are 1938 pattern - presumably from the moulding down the sides

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks