• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TornagdGT's M931A2 "Miss Ava Lynn" Mods and Repairs

Tornadogt

Okay why put them on? Are you going to make some kind of storage on them or just looks?
Both and all the above.. I wanted to protect the fuel lines/vents on the top of the tank, they make a good step to go from the cab to the bed, they allow a good spot to add tools/boxes/Fuel-Water Jerry Cans between bed and cab/ect. and I like the way they look...

Tornadogt

A little update I have been very busy with work, but took a little step back and reinstalled the 5th wheel hitch for a one time run to pick my new trailer...
The truck ran well for the 300+ Mile round trip and the new exhaust didn't get to hot... some of the original paint flaked off the 90 deg. bend by the lower cab corner but everything above that was warm but not enough to burn if you brushed bare skin up against it (and i did climbing in and out of the truck a few times). It sounds really strong driving around town and accelerating but not too loud when on the highway or at cruise speeds...

also attach a photo of the exhaust from the rear with the bed removed for a better look...

IMG_0420.jpgIMG_0422.jpg
IMG_0134.jpg

Last edited:

agazza2

Glad to see you have your trailer back home. Your EUC cleared quickly too. Maybe now you should keep both trucks, so you have one to pull the trailer with :) Or is it going to be used for storage of all the military items you collect?

Tornadogt

Glad to see you have your trailer back home. Your EUC cleared quickly too. Maybe now you should keep both trucks, so you have one to pull the trailer with :) Or is it going to be used for storage of all the military items you collect?
I think I am going to keep both trucks, Remove the box from the M934 and put it on a gooseneck trailer. then turning the M934 truck into a long wheel base Tractor with sleeper or S-250 shelter behind the cab. Using the Trailer for storage now, but maybe a Man Cave/Travel trailer... How is yours coming Agazza2?

agazza2

I think I am going to keep both trucks, Remove the box from the M934 and put it on a gooseneck trailer. then turning the M934 truck into a long wheel base Tractor with sleeper or S-250 shelter behind the cab. Using the Trailer for storage now, but maybe a Man Cave/Travel trailer... How is yours coming Agazza2?
Great, I think you find it useful to have the second truck with a fifth wheel. I will start on my trailer/TV conversion on Sunday. Saturday I will bring the M931 to the Burnet Airshow for display along with others from the Lonestar chapter of the MVPA. I will start a thread when I start. Slot of inspiration from Rayzers build of his M146

Tornadogt

Update, Haven't done much but driving a round a bit, still have an front axle seal leak to fix. But did hook up one of the M332 Ammo trailers today and it looks pretty good if I do say so myself.. A few people were wondering about the short frame and overhang on the bed but looks and tows just fine IMO. I did not have the Bumperetts on but they don't get in the way of anything. Also working on a 2 1/2 Receiver hitch using and moding other designs I have seen on here. Also and not least of all CUP holder are in.. Attached a photo of a few 105a2 trailers I picked up last week, now the neighbors now I'm nuts. (In one of the truck/trailer photos I caught the Red Tail Hawk that hangs around, Didn't notice it until I got the photos on the computer)
IMG_0426.jpgIMG_0427.jpgIMG_0428.jpgIMG_0425.jpg

Last edited:

Tornadogt

Truck looks great,what was the reason you had to move the bed back 4" from were you originally had the bed. Thanks
I wanted the extra fuel tank to fit between the tire rack and cab and still allow for using the bed rails bows and cover... If I was not using the extra Fuel Tank I would of left it further forward..
IMG_0357.jpgIMG_0355.jpgIMG_0382.jpg

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking tractor/truck. Nice combination. I think that is similar to what my 84 cargo bed and frame shortened 18" will look like. Excellent tow vehicle on pintle with load close to axle.

Tornadogt

It has been a while but, last week a used the truck to pull a F150 sized fish out of the lake. Someone thought it need a real deep cleaning..

1/06/15, approx. air temp 52 F, we used our shop M931A2 "Ava" to pull a F150 from Calaveras Lake. Apparently, the truck wanted to go for a swim off the boat dock! Not only did we recover the truck, but also recovered the boat on its original trailer. Sorry we missed videoing the best part of the recovery, but our hands were a little full at the time.

View attachment My Movie.wmv

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks