• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803a & M103a3 power plant trailer - Any owners / former owners / parts??

ssybert

Hi Everyone,

I currently have an M103a3 1.5ton power plant trailer with two MEP-003a's on it. I recently acquired a MEP-803a with low hours and replaced one of my MEP-003a's for the newer MEP-803a. When I lowered the generator down on the channel iron and got the first bolt lined up I realized none ofthe other bolts 'could' line up. The generator skid is a little too narrow and the holes are in the wrong places. I thought about drilling out new holes but I'm not even sure there's enough material to reach the hole on the trailer's mounting iron.

What is the military doing for the older M103 trailers and the newer 80x generators? I've seen a couple go up for auction so someone must own them. Is there a retrofit bracket? Maybe and entirely new channel down the middle?

Lastly, if anyone has these components because they pulled their 803 off the trailer, I'd be interested in buying them.

Thank for any help you guys can offer.
Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks