• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison M916 + Mk48 Cab = 6x6 "FEMTT"

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Going to bring up the old thread again, I have been thinking recently and I have an Idea for a 4 door version.

It would be difficult to make a 6x6 4 door FEMTT, but I think it might be possible to make a 6x8 version by adding a non powered Steering Axle to the front of the Donor vehicle to make something that looks similar to the HEMTT A3 Hybrid, The engine would be behind the 2nd axle (1st axle on stock Donor vehicle)
If you're tall (like me) you would have plenty of leg room in the 2nd row, you might even be able to make it into a sleeper.

It would be possible to make the new 1st axle powered, but i'm not sure if it would be worth the headache,
but again, theoretically it would be possible to do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM

rickf

Although Soni visited the site in April of this year his last post was 10/5/ 2016. I fear we have heard the last from Soni. Especially when it comes to the Femmit.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Although Soni visited the site in April of this year his last post was 10/5/ 2016. I fear we have heard the last from Soni. Especially when it comes to the Femmit.
I sincerely hope you are incorrect......but feel you might be right.....

Sent a couple of emails, no response a year or so ago....

Extremely talented individual.

People come and go......maybe he'll come back. Interest change, life happens, etc etc

Wish him the very best.

HASSON1911

Hey Soni, I was going to PM you but your inbox is full haha. Anyways say I was wondering where you sourced you ISO sea container securing brackets from. I have an inclined feeling to do the same with my m931 to transition from tractor to an electric/hydro dump bed.

Thanks, Jake

rickf

I googled him and it appears that he has completely left the electronic side of life. There was one reference to him helping put a locomotive engine cab on with the Femmit in 2019 but other than that nothing since his posts on here and his leaving the railroad Co, in around 2010. I know a few people that have done that, they just flat out got tired of the BS on the internet and left. They cut the cord completely or they read but never comment. All has to do with these Anti-social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and such. Don't do them and never will.

Last edited:

M920

UPDATE
My apologies to all you guys and girls here on this great site, for being AWOL these past three years !
I had a small, live changing (and almost lethal) event back in October of 2016. In it's wake, a lot of things in my live, have taken on a very different dimension .
I still have most of my trucks and military stuff, but I'm in the process of down sizing. So I will be listing some of my Vehicles here on SS first, because I hope they will find good homes.

Happy New Year

Soni

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GREAT to hear from you! Glad you are "ok"......sad that you feel the need to sell the trks. Whatever happened, glad it was NOT fatal, even if it was life changing. When we were told you were alright at your AO, it was quite the relief......like the Chappy said, if we can help in any way, please don't hesitate to reach out.

We eagerly await hearing from you....

Strouty

Glad to hear from you Soni, I hope things continue to get better or at a minimum, don’t get worse. This truck build has been motivation for me, I just wish I had you skills. Hope this new year brings better times for you and yours.

rickf

Soni, Good to hear from you and thankful that your event did not take you away from here. I have had one or two of these "Events" both of my own making and medical and they do tend to cause you to reevaluate how you do things. Whatever your decisions I, and I am sure the rest of us here, will fully support you in any way possible.

Another Ahab

UPDATE
My apologies to all you guys and girls here on this great site, for being AWOL these past three years !
I had a small, live changing (and almost lethal) event back in October of 2016. In it's wake, a lot of things in my live, have taken on a very different dimension .
I still have most of my trucks and military stuff, but I'm in the process of down sizing. So I will be listing some of my Vehicles here on SS first, because I hope they will find good homes.

Happy New Year

Soni
So sorry you had that episode, and sure hope you are on the mend and back at full strength!

And, you know, there's a lot to be said for downsizing, you might be pleasantly surprised.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks