• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151A2's Finally Home

1943ht

Finally got my M151A2's home after sitting for a couple of years down south. Purchased from a private collector in 2011. Will stick them in storage here for now and start on one of them this spring. All in all they are in acceptable shape, uncut and fairly complete. I have some extra parts (distributors, instrument panels, grills, couple of extra carburetors etc.) but am looking for 2 radiators, 2 rear seats, 1 fuel cap (Just a rag in the tank right now), and a shackle for one front bumper.

P2090001.jpgP2090002.jpgP2090003.jpgP2090004.jpgP2090005.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

pad_cdr

Great find -- I'd like to pick up an M151 of some sort, spend lots of time driving them in Germany, but need to educate myself more. Seems like the prices vary widely on them, and I can't always figure out why.

Lindsaym151

Con grats!, If you need any help just ask away we are here to help, I'll keep a look out for the parts you need.
Try riv rad in alabama, Or call John @ tnj murray. I spent the weekend with both of them. They will have anything you will need!

1943ht

ALCON: Thank you for all the help! Lucked out and was able to source parts from a local gent (2 Hours Away). Picked up 2 Rear Seats Complete, Top Bow set Complete, Complete Heater With Switch and Ducts, Front Seat Cushions, 2 Nice Radiators, 5 Decent Tires on Rims, some other small odds and end stuff for $680. So I am now back in the game so to speak and we will be starting work on the MUTTs next week .. 1st order of business is to install the radiators and see if we can get the beasts running .. then will go from there!

1943ht

PB, LONESOME .. Julie and I are heading to school in PA at the end of the month. We will be gone approx 12-14 months and I will not have an opportunity to work on my MUTTS or any other projects as I will living in an apartment sans work space. That being said, I am dragging the M37 with me on a flatbed trailer behind the moving truck .. have a place to store it and want to drive it as much as possible during my school year thru that beautiful countryside around Carlisle Barracks, Gettysburg, York, etc ...its a bit of a consolation for being away from the shop and all of my projects for so long :beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
YOU??? Living in an apartment?? Oh Boy!!!:shock:

At least you will have the Super Fine M37 to tool around in and dream about being back in the shop working on toys.:beer:

M715VFD405

I live in an apt and it's not good at all. With the way people park around here half the time I can't even park in the lot. Kinda funny how I can get a 6000lb truck with no power steering in between the parking lines but no one else can with there little compact cars..... and working on anything is frowned upon, I'm out of this place as soon as the wife and I can find someplace that meets our needs. Good luck to you though hope you can get back to tooling around on your mutts fast they sure do look like they need some love but are in good shape to be made pretty again.

199th mp

mark, think long and hard about installing the heater kit in the 151. it's not the easiest job i've ever done, and is not a real effective design, if the type you have is the hot water type, as opposed to the gas fired type.

Lonesome715

I was thinking a heater in a 151 would be a waste if time. It is not like the seal up real well and the heaters are not real strong. However, when it si real cold, and I mean real **** cold, I would guess any improvement would be better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks