• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Pickup at French Camp, CA

combatwombat16

Just won an auction for an M1008 in French Camp. This is my first auction win so I am pretty much a newbie at this point.

I have 10 days to pick up the truck, as of today.

The vehicle is not running(bent driveshaft, no batteries, etc.), and the lot says GL will only load on a flat bed trailer.

My questions are as follows:
Does it HAVE to be taken away on a flat bed trailer, or can I go in with a tow bar and tow it away?

If I can't use a tow bar, can I have a tow company go in with me with a flat bed tow truck?

Will the folks at the base allow me to get underneath the truck to disconnect the bent driveshafts? Not sure how bent they are, but if it is severe, loading this on to a flatbed could be challenging if they can't be disconnected.

Is there anyone with a flatbed recovery vehicle that would be able to assist me with removal? I would obviously cover gas and other incidental expenses, in addition to contributing to your beer fund of choice.

Thank you all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks