• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Boyce Equipment

superburban

Re: RE: Re: Boyce Equipment

maddawg308 said:
Where is he moving to and why? Seems to have a good spread there, would be a PITA to move it all....
It's not by his choice. The City (Ogden, I believe) is clearing out the lower areas around the river. Mark went and turned lemons into lemonade, though. His new place sounds like an even better one.

agentsteel

Boyce

Yes, the new location is very nice. Mark took me for a short tour a couple weeks back and gave me some good advice for my trip out to Nellis last week. Thanks to him everything went great there and I got a good one.

RetiredNavy

I was looking at their website tonight and they have some pretty nice looking M923's for sale. Didnt post prices because they want you to call them. Didnt see them the last time I was at their website. Thought it might be useful to post new findings. Dont know if Boyce would be better than Idaho Motor Pool or vice versa.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boyce has always been a good source for me, I needed a section of manifold for my M-62 International and they made me a deal I just couldn't refuse and got the whole manifold instead, plus a book for it. Really nice people to deal with all the way around. And all my stuff has to be shipped, the run out would be fun but getting home with all the stuff I'd like to have......... Well, lets say it would be impractical and I don't dare test my wifes patience that much. She likes driving this stuff, (hates the smell of canvas, reminds her of her time in the Navy she says.) but doesn't appreciate it cluttering up her yard.:-?

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this thread originated quite some time ago, but good info, is good info.

Boyce was the first place that I found that would perform a Utah state safety inspection on my deuce and not try to lie to me and tell me that they needed to charge me shop time to pull a rear tire and break a hub seal to see the brakes (I also had one place in Layton try to tell me I didn't have front breaks!). I was a very new ("green") owner, and they tightened up my air compressor and gave me some cool parts catalogs.

Boyce inspected my deuce for the last two years. Not any more though. I called to schedule a time and first thing their safety inspector said to me was "Got all your running lights installed?" "Running lights?" "Yup, three clearance lights on the cab, one on each front fender, rear side markers, and a light bar across the back."

To make a long story short they were trying to enforce false laws on me by requiring running lights and clearance lights be installed all over the truck and absolutely, positively refused to listen to reason or call the Safety Admin just as I had done. I've had it confirmed by an in-person inspection by a state Trooper, and on the phone with the Department of Public Safety Admin (801-965-4461), that I, in fact, do not need the extra lights since it is not used commercially and it has all the stock equipment.

Fortunately for me, the Trooper recommended Transtech Diesel in Clearfield, UT (801-825-6976). They treated me incredibly well, I had no problems with my safety inspection, and I had them do some exhaust work for me. I am very pleased with the results.

randini

There is also a tire store, just North of Boyce, Buffalo tire, that does a good inspection and treat you well. It on the main hyway just about a mile north of Boyce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks