• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 door frames

Whiteclam

Got my NOS M151 door frames today and I have never installed any before. Everything is straight forward except where the upper windshield/ top canvas bow comes together. There are two holes on the end of the bow frame an inch apart. Does the vertical door support connect to the second hole? Can anyone post a picture of how this should be connected?

majorhitt

Ok Whiteclam I looked for the info you're after. I have no photos that close. I tried to find my TM , But it's just too cold to look for a while. I can't remember two holes. Is this the vertical rod that also makes up part of the hinge? This is going from memory, The vertical rod sits in a pocket just above the ax bracket, up to the windshield frame to a triangle bracket. This triangle bracket has a hole in it. From the bow frame a small folding rod with a pin at the end goes thru that triangle bracket along with the vertical rod. This horizontal folding rod also has flat area with a hole that the fear post for the door pins into, this also sits in a pocket just above the other ax bracket. Could you post a photo?

majorhitt

I found a photo of a 151 with the rod I think you're talking about. It's the rod from just above the ax to the top of the windshield.100_1285.jpg

Whiteclam

Thanks guys. There wasn't two holes, as the pin was attached to the bow frame rod. I see now where the door frame rod attaches to the triangle part of the windshield with the bow frame pin completing the connection of all three parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks