• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dodge M-37 Pooint Setting

HQ-88

Just completed a tune up on my 24 volt M-37. I was hoping to check the Point settings. I have a dwell meter, however it is for a 12volt system. Does anyone know if a 24 volt units are available?

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put in a Pertronix unit and did away with the points about 3 years ago . Have never had a problem . I set the timing with a standard timing light , hooked to a 12 volt alarm battery . When I did have points I just got it up on a lobe and used a feeler gauge , never felt the need to check the point dwell , close is go enough , bobk

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcom aboard!

I always just used a seperate 12V battery, to power the meters. Either that, or just pull 12 V off the last battery. Its not a big draw, or for very long.

As above, setting the points, with a feeler guage (when you have one) is about close enough. Certainly the matchbook cover has been used too. And the abrasive strip has been used to clean old ones up too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks