• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Fire Trucks

nattieleather

I saw one M37 turned brush truck. The rest were all civilian trucks from what I could see. There is a hobby that puts MV Collecting to shame in the dollars and cents category.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw one M37 turned brush truck. The rest were all civilian trucks from what I could see. There is a hobby that puts MV Collecting to shame in the dollars and cents category.
I agree with your MV tally. Although some of the "other" vehicles may have at one time been owned by Uncle Sam as well.

I also agree... It takes DEEP POCKETS, or a fire department's commitment to its heritage, to maintain and shelter those collectibles.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Yikes that tanker USAFSS has to be the largest tanker I have ever seen. USAF runway rescue supply vehicle, or Forest Service? Wow is the truck only equipped with one pair of axels? I am going out on a limb here but maybe dry chem mix with water, foam, two tanks combined? Still a lot of weight. Nice pictures, Thanks

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On our recent travels, Dianna an I spotted these MV based Fire Trucks in Roby (Fisher County) Texas:

View attachment 736036 . View attachment 736037

View attachment 736038 . View attachment 736039 . View attachment 736040

View attachment 736041 . View attachment 736042<--Nice shielding on that exhaust stack.

View attachment 736043 . View attachment 736044

View attachment 736045< SNAKE EYES ! ! !

View attachment 736046 . View attachment 736047 . View attachment 736048

And, a pile of parts and pieces...

View attachment 736049 . View attachment 736050

To be continued......
. It’d sure be nice to find the top valve for a Barton F300 Fire Pump in that pile. My pump’s valve was broken, bent and busted.

Last edited:

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would bet that would fill a swimming pool pretty FAST.

HAHAHA!!!!!

I was thinking SLIP AND SLIDE !
Just imagine: You won't need that big strip of plastic. Just get the kids out in the yard and blast them through the neighborhood!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbozRJkHIyc
(DISCLAIMER: Video shared for WATER CANNON demonstration ONLY - - - NOT intended as political content!)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks