• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Fire Trucks

tamangel

1968 kaiser 2 1/2 ton military truck with fire body

1968 KAISER 2 1/2 TON MILITARY TRUCK WITH FIRE BODY
Continental Multifuel Engine Replaced 2002
5 Speed Manual Transmission
6X6 w/ Lockout Front Axle
Pump and Roll
Waterous 750 GPM pump
500 Gallon Tank
Ground Sweep Nozzles
2 x Booster reels w/ hose
Deck gun
24 volt Truck System w/ 12 volt Emergency Lighrting System
wired for generator (Generator not included)

later seen on ebay (item # 150323669915) in Jan 2009
Sold for $5000.00 w/ 11 bids
description:
This is a 1968 Military Crash Truck that was used as a brush unit. It has 8495 miles and 665 hours. The data plate says it was built on a M45A2 chassis. It is built by engineered devices. It has a military stock number of 2320-00-077-1622. It has a Continental multifuel engine and a Waterous 750 gpm 2 stage pump. This truck runs good and pumps good. It has a small fuel leak from a loose fuel line fitting on the motor. It is capable of pump and roll. 500 gallon tank. Truck body is steel with some minor surface rust, nothing major. The booster reels have been removed, but it has a 1 1/2" discharge on the hose bed, and 2 1/2" discharges off the side. Tank is in excellent shape, looks to be aluminum tank.
GVW is 23,850 lbs

Mike

Attachments

Last edited:

tamangel

Attachments

tamangel

1988 Oshkosh T-1500 P19 Aircraft Rescue Foam Truck 1/2

1988 Oshkosh T-1500 P19 Aircraft Rescue Foam Truck
(ebay auction ended reserve not met high bid of 6 : $10.1K buy it now: $99.9K)
This Low Mileage 1988 Oshkosh P19 T1500 Aircraft Rescue Fire Truck Is Equipped With Detroit 1V92 Diesel Engine, Allison HT750 DRD Automatic Transmission, All Wheel Drive, 25,990 Miles; 3,599 Hours; 1,500 Gallon Tank; 200 Gallon AFFF Foam Tank; Waterous 1500 GPM Pump; Certified May 2007; Feecon 750/500 GPM Roof Turret; Santa Rosa 500/250 GPM Bumper Turret; Has 110v Invertor; 200 Ft in. red line hose under front and 3 under truck nozzles; Michelin X2L24R21 Tires w/spare. Complete With Parts & Service Manuals, Total Length 354", Total Heigth 140", Wheel Base 196", Width 112."

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool site, nice to know they are still on the net. I got 'em from someone else years ago, but he and his V100 website disappeared into the noogesphere at some point.

Cheers

tamangel

Deuce Fire Truck

...labeled as "M35 M45 Fire Truck 5 ton Military", ebay sale ended no bids, start @ $2300, Buy now @ $3200..

Vehicle Description

1973 military fire truck. Starts up fine, have never tried using the fire pumps etc. so unknown if they work. New clutch installed. Brakes currently need to be bleed. Surface rust mostly and faded red paint. Tires are 30-50%. No batteries. Windshield missing, but have another one for it. Hard top does not come with the vehicle, but can be purchased for $400. Have a new 923 battery box that comes with the truck, just didn't get around to installing it. Due to age of the truck sold "As is"

original URL:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ame=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=&item=230271784766

Mike

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

Your red before WWII fire truck to me seems to bee a nice pice of restoreable iron. Try hard, keep it alive.
To my knowledge the equipment of fire trucks was in the beginning of standardisation by that time. Compare the equipment only with simelar designed bodys of later models. But you can not be sure that your selected equipment is historical correct except you find the equipment list fitting to your serial number.
Good luck! Keep it running!

tamangel

Hi Wolf...none of these pic's I put up are rigs of mine nor do I have any connection with the sellers/owners/etc.. Just an interest that I have and I like to attempt to keep any MV fire rig info/pic's in one thread if possible..

Mike

ronfry261

Hey Tamangel,

These fire truck pics are killer. I own an ex-fire truck... 1952 GMC XM211 that was a Water Tender for Rist Canyon Volunteer Fire department for approximately 10 years. I bought it in 2005 when we surplused it. Runs fantastic. I took the tank and pump off and am getting ready to put a 1952 original bed on it. It ran a Vanguard 18hp 2 cylinder pump with dual outputs (one on each side), carried about 400 ft of 1 1/2 inch line and 100ft of booster on a manual hose reel. The tank is 1000 gallon. We are using the tank for firefighting water storage in an area that has very little water. That much weight and that truck ran like it was empty all the time.

I will try to get some pics of the 2 current tenders we have. Both M35 series.

Ron

Attachments

tamangel

Rist Canyon Volunteer Fire department

Hi Ron, from your roster, looks like Engines 412 and 433 are 6X6's.. Also looks like you have a M715 also? Engine 651... Can we see a pic of that one also at your convenience also? I know there are a number of 715's converted to fire use, don't see too many here however.. Anyone have any in their local departments?

Thanks for the pic's.. looking good..

Mike

Rist Canyon Volunteer Fire department
http://www.fortnet.org/rcvfd/RCVFD_2006_profile.pdf

tamangel

Oshkosh TFFT Tactical Fire Fighting Truck and more...

found these videos:

OshKkosh TFFT Tactical Fire Fighting Truck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--LwkBqc5w0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ScQ6N4q4hM&feature=related

Rockford Oshkosh Fire-Rescue Crash Truck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWtSa_sNQus&feature=related

Dulles Firetruck Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEdl8GROiQM&feature=related

ARFF Plane Fire Demonstration at Pearson International

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPckBsgppSE

Aircraft Fire Practice at JFK Airport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts7O-hxJJ38&feature=related

KJAX JIA JFRD CRASH 18 OSHKOSH STRIKER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4zpQLT5L6s&feature=related

Mike

"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the 
government's purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." 
Justice Louis Brandeis, 1928

tamangel

1956 MACK US NAVY Fire Truck

"This is an ex-military fire truck that had been in the Navy out in California most of its life. It was transferred through the general service administration to Fort Worth, Texas. I bought it direct from the government. This truck could be a really nice restoration project. It has a factory installed Chrysler Industrial Hemi under the hood. I have been told that this was the first year that the Hemi engine was installed in Mack trucks. There were 50 of these trucks made for the US Navy. A 354 Hemi powered them all. I do know that this truck was originally out in California, what Naval station I do not know. The serial number on the firewall underneath the hood reads 1018. I was also told where to find the serial number on the frame and it is: B475CF1018. We have recently ran this truck and it needs a water pump, and I have not been able to locate one. This Mack is the open top version."

from this web page, rig already SOLD

http://www.vintagemilitarytrucks.com/56 Mack Fire Truck.htm

Mike

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

RE: M1500 Oshkosh Fire Truck

Seems that everything that could somehow hold a fire fighting set was good enouph to become a fire truck. So every think imaginiable seems to be correct (unless someone can prove somthing else). Seems that all armys of this world are the same!
Wolf from Germany

tamangel

RE: M1500 Oshkosh Fire Truck

Hi Wolf, I would be curious if you ever came across any fire rigs in Germany built on ex-USA military trucks in your travels..? If you see any, maybe you could post pic's here..

thanks, Mike

Bitburg AFB
'73-'75

Wolf.Dose

Nice fire trucks, all of then! No space......
Your question: You sometimes still find here and there a former military fire truck. I know at least 2 on the Lahr Airport (former Canadian airfield, nowadays Black Forrest Airport). But no pics, sorry.
Due to standardisation of European fire trucks and the upcoming truck industrie in Germany in the 50's, all former military based Fire Trucks are sold meanwile (F.e. Ditzenbach had a M62 Wrecker which was sold about 20 or more years ago). The standardisation is very high on these trucks in Europe (reason: any fire station knows the contence and the equipment of the trucks, no thinking required for quick action even on the trucks of another fire department).
But if I find something interesting a n d have my camera with me...
Maybe someday I can ad a little.
Wolf

tamangel

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks