• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to mount M996/M997 ambulance "shelter" on an M998?

MrRespectable

I've been looking to improve my M998, which I've only have for a couple months. I've seen the ambulance tops for sale online, and like the fact that they can be locked up easily. I currently have a two door soft top config, with the kevlar doors and rear half doors. It has the fording kit and 12-bolt wheels. What is required to mount one of these tops on my M988? Will I need to drill holes in the M998 to mount the top? Will I need new rear shocks? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Welcome from SE Missouri.

How much can a ambulance shelter weigh? And have you checked to see how your HMMWV was outfitted in the beginning? It might have added capacity springs already.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks