• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody used a spin-on filter adapter on the NHC-250 Cummins

dma251

I bought a Napa FIL4167 filter adapter which was supposed to be the same as the Wix 24067... Almost, but not quite. I was all excited about getting rid of my leaky cartridge filter.... Still leaking around that darn bolt on the end. I've replaced the brass washer and the whole bit...

So my question is this - I REALLY want to do away with this antiquated stock filter arrangement. Does anyone know of a filter adapter that will work on the Cummins NHC-250?

What about a remote filter style?

JasonS

Wix/Napa makes an adapter for doing this. Go to NAPA and look in the back of their oil filter master catalg.

JDToumanian

Return the Napa part and buy the Wix part... But while you're at Napa, you might check - it seems that the Napa part number is usually the last four digits of the Wix part number, so a Wix 24067 should be a Napa 4067, not 4167. Maybe not a universal rule, but I have yet to see an exception.

Jon

devilman96

Napa and Wix filters are identical, Wix makes all of their filters hence the PN interchange. If there is a variation it is prolly due to a production change from Wix, I've seen this recently on a few filters, the 1133 being one of them, not only has the filter changed a tad but they are also including the correct gaskets for a LD which use to not be the case.

On the adapter, there is not a interchange listed for a NHC-250 by Wix... You might however be able to hunt down another Cummins engine that uses the same filter arrangement which is listed on the interchange, I often find filters for engines not listed by knowing other engines share the same parts, im not a Cummins guy though but we have a few kicking around here... Any takers?

Interchange as follows...

N-927
HN-855
V & VT 903
V-555 and V-555-M
Medium V
KV-12
V-12
K-6

dma251

Okay - I messed up typing this post - I TRIED A FIL4067 FROM NAPA.

It looked like it would work at first, but when put into place, the threaded stub coming out of the center of the stock filter base was tapered at the bottom and wouldn't fit into the adapter, not letting it seat all the way down.

(Also, someone has taken a sawzall or hacksaw and cut some material off the end of that same stock center threaded pipe.) WHY?

The adapter from NAPA (the 4067) had a fleetguard instruction manual in it.

devilman96

Okies... now me gotz it...

Run by a machine shop and have them put a counter bore on the base with a large enough ID and deep enough depth to get the base threaded over the stock studs taper. If you cant find a shop to do it PM me...

jwaller

my 250 oil canister leaks in just the same manner(from under the bolt head) So is this machining step the only thing required to get the spin on setup from napa to work?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was it ever determined if there is a direct spin-on setup or of machining is required, and the exact PNs for each case?

24067 Wix
4067 NAPA

Oil Filter Conversion Kit, Cummins Engines Product Line: NAPA Filters

Part Number:
FIL 4067

Price:
Each

Warranty
NAPA Filters are Covered by a Comprehensive Limited Product Warranty. NAPA Filters May Pay the Reasonable Cost for Parts & Labor to Repair any System Damaged by NAPA Filters Due to a Defect in Design or Material.

Attributes
Product Application : Cummins Engines
Contents : Adapter, 3 Gasket

Material Safety Data Sheet
There is no MSDS for this item

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Direct bolt on, no mods needed. Cummins makes one too. Right around the same price.

jdgreen

Banned
I got a cummins one from my local cummins dealer its a spin on oil filter. I can get the part numbers later this week when i get down to my garage if someone needs them. As will said about same price.

Has anyone put a in line radiator coolant filter? care to share parts or where to get the filter base and filter for it. While going threw the truck like to get a good filter system on it if possible

Jersey4x4

I bought a case of the WIX 24067 oil filter adapter kits that are suposed to be for the NHC250 Cummins in the M809 series trucks. I was in the process of doing my oil change in the M816 today and low and behold the adapter does not fit. Does anyone have any issues with the WIX adapters compared to the Fleetguard Adapter? here is a link of what it should look like http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attach...conversion-done-m809-nhc-250-img_1579_187.jpg

and here is what it actually looks like http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attach...n-filter-adapter-nhc-250-cummins-napa4067.jpg

please send input. There is allot of threads listing the WIX & NAPA numbers which is what I went by and the info seems to be wrong!

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a case of the WIX 24067 oil filter adapter kits that are suposed to be for the NHC250 Cummins in the M809 series trucks. I was in the process of doing my oil change in the M816 today and low and behold the adapter does not fit. Does anyone have any issues with the WIX adapters compared to the Fleetguard Adapter? here is a link of what it should look like http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attach...conversion-done-m809-nhc-250-img_1579_187.jpg

and here is what it actually looks like http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attach...n-filter-adapter-nhc-250-cummins-napa4067.jpg

please send input. There is allot of threads listing the WIX & NAPA numbers which is what I went by and the info seems to be wrong!

Did you ever get this figured out?

jw4x4

I put a spin-on oil filter on my 932A1. 250 Cummins. The adapter is Baldwin OB-1368. Several filters fit this adapter. Oil filter I use is Baldwin B-96. A quick internet search will reveal several sources for both. The adapter comes with 2 different O-rings. Be sure to follow the instructions and torque properly.

joesco

How about Fuel Filter Spin-on for the Cummings 250? I know I bought a fuel filter adapter setup for the Deuce's White multi-fuel engine, from Jtonka.

jwaller

How about Fuel Filter Spin-on for the Cummings 250? I know I bought a fuel filter adapter setup for the Deuce's White multi-fuel engine, from Jtonka.
Its a Cummins and nobody makes a spin on bc the stock one takes about 29 seconds to change and is way bigger than anything your going to find in a spin on. It is simply a mod that has no purpose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks