• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Derrick, that truck looks awesome. I wish you luck with it. Hopefully, it will start right up! I know a Stewart and Stevenson tech if you have any questions.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You are now a member of a very exclusive club. Congrats!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe all FMTV's have a hole in the cab for a gun ring. But I have only seen a couple soft skin trucks that actually had the gun ring installed. I think it's a standard m66 ring.
Most of the soft cabs are designed for it to be readily accessable. I've never seen one on a Wrecker, but no reason why it couldn't be installed. Depends on the MTOE of the unit, how many weapons systems and rings are allocated per PLT/Shop/Section etc... My last real company (IE where I was a company officer) had a few LMTVs and MTVs (standard Cargo config) with them installed.

BTW, nice score on it! looks like it matches your other truck too! Mostly tan with just a bit of woodland!:-D

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Ok, with that in mind, how silly would it be for me to install a gun ring on my M936A1? :whistle:

Anyway, the cabover trucks haven't won me over yet, but I have to admit that M1089 looks pretty cool. Well, aside from being painted the wrong color except for the driver's door. :razz:

I am looking forward to seeing pictures with the various hydraulic bits actuated! I have not been up close to any of the FMTV trucks yet, so I am pretty curious about how the controls and running gear all work, especially on your wrecker variant.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks