• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6bt in CUCV

Dirtflirt

I would not do the swap,unless you have tons of cash and time to spare. I have a strong mechanical background and have retrofitted 2 different engines into a 71k5 rock crawler build that took 12 years. I have the nv4500 now behind an LS 6.0 a good set up but do not need 5th with 42" tires.

Hey Cletus09, I see you're in Norton. I'm right next door in Barbertucky. You wouldn't happen to live near the Old Stone Jail, would you? I've seen someone near there with an 08 and an 09, but haven't had a chance to stop to look at them. Hit me up if you ever have questions or need help on yours. I've got an M1010 and a M37.

06TBSS

just goto youtube and or internet search cummins k5....HUNDREDS of people if not more have done 4b/6b swaps into square bodies at this point....all it takes is $

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Also don't worry so much about the "redline" as you put it. A 6BT can rev to 2700rpm all day long and never skip a beat. Actually with valve springs and adjusting the governer (as well as a good damper) they can be pushed up to 4K. Fuel economy is what suffers though.

cumminsbandit

Also don't worry so much about the "redline" as you put it. A 6BT can rev to 2700rpm all day long and never skip a beat. Actually with valve springs and adjusting the governer (as well as a good damper) they can be pushed up to 4K. Fuel economy is what suffers though.
Agreed! The bottom end is good for 1000hp! The guys running in the badger state super street diesel class have been doing it for years! Indisructable if you can keep em cool IMO!!!

jgleasonraptor350

Thinking about buying one of those p30 bread vans with a 4bt and swapping it. I hear they bolt right up with the th400s and a 4bt would be a better to modify/build up seeing as how you cant squeeze much power out of a 6.2. I've seen a 1009 with a 6bt but the guy reinforced the frame and threw some bigger axles under the truck. I believe he fabbed up some motor mounts too. Just my 2cents but a 6bt would be great! if only I had the time and money...

nyoffroad

If your looking for a cheap 4BT I was out at Bergen auto parts and they we're pulling about 10 of the bread trucks apart with the 4bt's in em, I think they said $1200 incl the tranny.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks