• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stryker's, M923a1.

Stryker100

Hey peeps, I figured this would be a good place to make my own thread on the new Truck. :driver:

Here is a few pics, She is an 1986 and one of the 4 tags in the door jam says 08-10 on it. I take it that was the last time it had any major work done to it? More later Stryker

Attachments

Stryker100

Will check Monday on what I will need as far as a Lic, here in Montana. Waiting on State Farms for a quote, There having problems with the Lack of Vin #. Got a 40 day Tag to drive it, Just need to see if I need a CDL and If SF can give me a fair quote. I got her 3-6-13 and unloaded it at night. The next day I Added fresh Fuel, She was about empty and tank was nice and clean. Put some fuel additive in her and checked the other fluids. Air pressure was good and she seem to run good, SO I took her out in the KOA behind my house and ran her around for a bit. Brakes are a bit touchy in the gravel. But, I'm sure that is normal. I read late last night that I needed to drain the air. Went out today and it was none left to drain? Did hear a slight noise up by the engine while checking the fluids when she was warm. I'll do the brake tests tomorrow, As I learned that today. I have a good diesel truck Mechanic about 8 miles down the road. Once I have all I need to legally drive her. She will be dropped off for a once over, And fix any brake issues. I got a nice set of Army shop manuals on the way and will be looking on here If I can't find what I need. She also has all the bows and a tarp. Had the truck driver air the flat tire up before shipping and pull the backwards tarp. For some reason he took the bows off. Last one is stuck on he said, Simple fix for sure. Thinking I'm gonna run her with the tarp. I like the way they look like that. Anyhow, Sorry for the long post. Will have plenty of Questions later. Stryker

Scarecrow1

Very nice truck I have an 85 and I know you are going to love it. As far as the air pressure mine does the same thing it it sits for long . I also found one of the glad hands was cracked open so it wouldn't hurt to start there. I hope you enjoy your new toy.......

wsucougarx

Great looking truck. I know it'll be different from state to state, but my SF quoted me $33/month for a commercial policy for my M925A1. Since I don't use my MV for "work", I have them registered under their "Classical" Policy for a mere $22/6 months (or $3.66/month) for my M923 and M925A1. With SF, no storage requirements, have to have under 3,000 miles/year, can only drive for pleasure/parades/rallies/gatherings/test out equipment.

jw4x4

Stryker- Congrats on your 932. You will likely grow to love it. Read the operator's manual front to back. Lots of vital info there. As for draining the air tanks, do it as soon as its parked and the engine is shut off. Follow the manual for the correct sequence in opening the valves. I leave the valves open when my truck is parked. It's another layer of added security. I shut them before I start up, as part of my walk-around inspection. One more very important guideline- be sure to use the proper start up and shut down sequence so that the control box doesn't get fried. Start up- battery switch first, then start engine. Shut down- engine switch off first, then battery switch off.

Artisan

I see your round convex mirrors are mounted on the top
bar. Mine are on the vertical and low. I have been
threatening to add a like mirror to the right front top
corner of the hood. There is a HUGE blind spot from
the rear of the cab forward where you just can not
see a tiny civvy. Anyone done this?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Artisan,

I have seen many trucks on gl with the exact mod you are describing with the mirror on the hood. I seen a few with mirrors on both corners.

jw4x4,

Leaving the drains open allows humidity and condensation to settle into the system especially down in the sub tropic south :). It defeats the purpose of draining as you are allowing moisture build up for much longer periods, imho. Just think of those dewy mornings and all that moisture going into your system.

jw4x4

Any trace amount of moisture that may settle past the valves will stay at the bottom of the system and be removed when the tanks are bled. Moisture in the system comes almost entirely from the air being pressurized (like lines on a shop air compressor) and the temperature difference. As for the morning dew, I have no worries there either, my truck lives inside.932home.jpg

Stryker100

Stryker100 the rounded triangle MWO tags can be for little upgrades also, such as adding seat belts.
Cool, It does have new gaskets on the back hubs and the Tires pretty new as well. Thinking they might of got put on then. Batteries look pretty new as well. Will check them out a bit better, Just lifted the seat and seen them there.

Cut the lock off the side box and found all the tools and a manual. Brand new 8 ton jack to boot.

She does need some love in the cab, Rubbers are pretty much shot. Would be nice to try and tighten them up. Pretty cold up here in Montana.

Warming up this next week, should be able to mess with the air system and hopefully get Ins and see what if anything I need as far as Lic.

Thanks for the comments guys. Stryker

Artisan

Stryker100

Thanks Artisan, I'll look them over for sure. Not sure what ones I have coming? Looked like a stack of 4.

I would like to keep hard Copies if I can. This truck is also part of my Bug Out stuff.LOL

Cut the lock off the side box and found goodies inside. New 8 ton jack was welcome for sure.

Quick ? while i'm here. I have to crank it for 5-6 seconds 2-3 times when it's cold. 20's or so the night before. There is a button and a red can under the hood. I will figure out that system and hope it helps. ? is, Where do I get more of those red cans? Trucks fires right up after it is warm. I have only started it cold twice, First time was wensday night when it got dropped off, Then the next day. Seemed to have to crank it a bit both times. I will get a heater for it, As it does get real cold here. Thanks again Stryker

Attachments

Last edited:

Durango_USMC

Thanks Artisan, I'll look them over for sure. Not sure what ones I have coming? Looked like a stack of 4.

I would like to keep hard Copies if I can. This truck is also part of my Bud Out stuff.LOL

Cut the lock off the side box and found goodies inside. New 8 ton jack was welcome for sure.

Quick ? while i'm here. I have to crank it for 5-6 seconds 2-3 times when it's cold. 20's or so the night before. There is a button and a red can under the hood. I will figure out that system and hope it helps. ? is, Where do I get more of those red cans? Trucks fires right up after it is warm. I have only started it cold twice, First time was wensday night when it got dropped off, Then the next day. Seemed to have to crank it a bit both times. I will get a heater for it, As it does get real cold here. Thanks again Stryker
I think the red can is probably Ether, you can get it at the big truck stops or I think NAPA. Its part of a cold weather starting system, should be part outlined in the -10 manual.As for cranking that particular cummins is known for not liking cold weather as well. Looks like a great truck, I'd love to get one some day.

bchauvette

My convex almost completely blocks the regular mirror on the right side. I was thinking of moving the convex to the diagonal bar. Love the idea of putting a mirror right side on the hood. I've been standing up in my seat to see if anybody is in that blind spot. I've also seen a mirror mounted above the passenger side window mostly on off roaders. Not only does this cover the blind spot is helps in tight off road maneuvering such as crossing on instantly fabricated tree bridges. It gives a view of your front right tire. The MOG will defiantly get this mod.

Stryker100

Durango_USMC, I got Napa to order me a few cans.

Been out tearing up the town the last few days. :-D I got State Farms to write me a 250,000/500,000/250,000 policy for 30 bucks a months. There still working on the Vin part of it, But it is Bonded in the mean time. Got the DMV to give me a 40 day tag, There still having issues with the Vin or lack of that is. Sent GL 60 bucks to get the SF97 that should of came with the sale. If they were based in Montana we would sue them.LOL We don't play games like that in this state. Wife works for the DOJ and does All the Titling for the Dealers. She also printed me out the Laws on needing a CDL in Montana. If its farm,RV or Personal your Exempt.

Now back to the Truck. When I push in the wiper nob, air leaks out. Does it need a new switch or is there an Air line leaking? I cant seem to feel any air coming out from under the dash. Also I need a few o rings for the rims, I find three different sizes when I try and order some. Anyone know what size they are? Stryker

Stryker100

Starter clicked the first try cranking it, Two of the three times I started it yesterday. Cranks fine the second try.

Should I have it rebuilt or just get a new one. 740.00 is the price I found for a new one. Bit more then I wanted to spend, But I don't want to be stuck in the Hills either. LOL Thanks Stryker

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
.... I have been
threatening to add a like mirror to the right front top
corner of the hood. There is a HUGE blind spot from
the rear of the cab forward where you just can not
see a tiny civvy. Anyone done this?
Here are a couple pics of my truck, came from GL with the mirror. Honestly can't imagine driving it without it, I use it alot.

Vienna-20121106-00277.jpgVienna-20121106-00276.jpg

Scarecrow1

It may be time to look into rebuilding it if you can find someone in your are. I'm sure the guys on here have one for sale also. Just hope you find one cheaper than that ......

Bolkbich

Starter clicked the first try cranking it, Two of the three times I started it yesterday. Cranks fine the second try.

Should I have it rebuilt or just get a new one. 740.00 is the price I found for a new one. Bit more then I wanted to spend, But I don't want to be stuck in the Hills either. LOL Thanks Stryker
I wouldnt be too concerned about the click....trucks do that once in a while. If it becomes a normal thing where it'll click over and over then start I'd address it. chances are the rebuilt starter wont be perfect. It could also be your control box..they"ll give you a click sometimes too. I would keep a spare control box in the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks