• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maine Rally 2013

Towerguy1

Its that time again..... Time to plan the 5th Maine rally. We used Maine Military last year with mixed results. Tried it do the usual overnight, only had one taker, then I was a bit under the weather and abandon ship. (Sorry Katahdin) still feel bad as he made the longest trip.

Fine tuneing the location for this year, and on popular request maybe adjust the date a bit this year. (normally Fathers Day weekend) I would like to try for a good overnight event with a few campers.

Lets work it out!

Towerguy1

We are considering a spot in Penobscot as well as Dexter. Both have advantages and disadvantages. It will likely be optional Friday night for those early starters, through Sunday afternoon. Going to move it from Fathers Day weekend as several people have had stuff going on. But it will be around then.... TBD.

Would like to encourage a campout Saturday night. Still a few bugs to work out but theres time. Just wanted to get the ball rolling.

Katahdin

Just reading this now. For the record, I don't want anybody to feel bad there was no overnight last time, I'm actually quite proud of how well my truck held up during that 300 mile day. :)

In any event, one idea I've had you may want to consider is timing a rally with a rifle shooting event at Scarborough Fish & Game, such as the D-Day Match (June 2nd) or the Operation Starlight Match (August 11th). These are military themed fun matches and are open to the public. We also have nice drive-in campsites here at the club we may be able to get permission to use. If rifle shooting is not your bag there are also Trap and Sporting Clays activities available as well.

More information about the matches are here: http://www.scarfg.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/Rifle

Again, these matches are open to the public. Even if we don't have a MV Rally here you're welcome to come and participate.

sfga.jpg

Towerguy1

Cool. Glad everything worked well for you. You did some nice work on your truck. Mine is due for a make-over. Might go to drab, but I find I kind of like the 3 color camo to..... I fired it up today. Woke from its slumber with only a minor problem. Needs a new starter switch, Still the most reliable vehicle in the yard. :)

Not sure about combineing events, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from going with their truck. Sounds like a fun time.

I am open for sugestions for dates around the Fathers Day neighborhood....... Sound Off

tourus

This is tourdog I miss last yeas due to work. but here in central me. I have 50 achors we could have the ME.rally on would just have to have a date I am not working. I work every other weekend so not to hard to plan around fathers day. kind of glad to here we want to get away from fathers day. Tower guy the truck I bought from you still rus great by the way overly happy. Or I am willing to go were ever it is. and I do hope for over night camping.(lets get the party started!!!!!!) .... I am bringing my 1031/1028 so we will have power if needed if none aviable. if we pick a weekend I am off. I reallr missed going last year. OH wait the only time I could not go will be the first weekend in june due to a training class I am going to. AND THANK YOU Tower guy for starting this years event.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks