• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can 2 m923 trucks without tarp & bows fit on one transport trailer?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Does anyone know if 2 923 trucks running with no bows and tarp can be loaded together on one trailer? Do most trailers have drive on ramps or do they have to be lifted on with a crane?
Thanks
Will

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most trailers DO NOT have a ramp. GL usually uses a forklift. A loading dock works also.

Trailers come on all sizes. You will need a stepdeck as a regular flatbed is too tall.

You might check the -10 manual for the measurements of the M923. Or someone might know.

M1075

Can 2 m923 trucks without tarp & bows fit on one transport trailer?

Yes, I have had 2 M923 USMC trucks hauled on a step deck. Trailer had ramps, but we used docks to load and unload. Green truck was disabled so I pulled it on with Tan truck using a towbar.

Last edited:

jwesley74

Does anyone know if 2 923 trucks running with no bows and tarp can be loaded together on one trailer? Do most trailers have drive on ramps or do they have to be lifted on with a crane?
Thanks
Will
Yes, I had M931 and M923A2 hauled on step deck. Loaded in Atlanta Truck Center, just backed up to dock and load both on. Trailer didn't have ramp so we made dirt ramp at destination to unload. Worked out fine. And driver checked GVW and he was just under 79,000 lbs. Pulled with standard Tractor with sleeper on 50' step deck.

So the answer is yes and it was under legal height & weight.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yes, I had M931 and M923A2 hauled on step deck. Loaded in Atlanta Truck Center, just backed up to dock and load both on. Trailer didn't have ramp so we made dirt ramp at destination to unload. Worked out fine. And driver checked GVW and he was just under 79,000 lbs. Pulled with standard Tractor with sleeper on 50' step deck.

Saw double loads yesterday when I was at the ATC., both coming and going

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

So unless I am missing something, like DH said-NO (most likely). A M931 is alot less weight than a M923 and if the semi had ramps it would be even less weight he could carry without permits. (all depends on the pulling semi).

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess the correct question should have been can two fit on a trailer and be legally under weight?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks