• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Welcome

Mike_L

No, I just moved up here last year from KY. No job-haven't found anything I want to do here yet. I was stationed at Ft Campbell when I lived in KY.

Any yards up here?

outlaw

Mike no yards that I know

my sister lives in clarks vill

I go to LBL all the time
there is a m35a2 and some thing that has 4 wheels and is a mv that is for sale
in Gas city that a truck drivers friend has for sale. his frind is on the road a lot
so i havent seen them yet
1.500 for truck. I sure want to see the thing has 4 wheels
said he take 500 for it

Mike_L

Well, now I'm curious too. I haven't seen it yet either.

I thought I found a yard once going North on Rt 35 out of Kokomo. It is on the left at the rail crossing a bit North of Rt 22. It has all the MVs, air frames, and stuff on the left side. I saw a M37 in all the mess so I stopped to talk to the fellow there but he pretty much kicked me out and said he was going to "restore" all of it. Wasn't very sociable. Hmmm, whatever. I haven't been back since.

I've been to the Crumm show in the Louisville, KY area, the Iola, WI show, the Auburn show, and the Anderson show. Are there any other worth going to around here?

Elwenil

Opie, there was a yard near here somewhere that had a few Deuces in it, but the guy was supposed to be super pricey. I'm thinking it is in Buchanan. I'll try and find out more info, and post it up.

Dieselsmoke

Desert Rat said:
Dieselsmoke, what's going on over on the West Coast? I know you know of several places!!!!!
yeah, most of them aren't really commercial type places, just private yards like me-definitely open to anyone but no websites or anything like that.

Opie

Update:

I've called the A.D. Weddle folks in Roanoke, VA, and they said they don't handle MVs.

Elwenil's lead in Buchanan, VA (off of I-81 north of the 'Noke) is Thrasher Machinery & Salvage 19063 Main St., Buchanan, VA 24066 (540) 254-2390 - Need to follow up.

Donald R Horne Supply & Salvage, 164 Coopers Cove Rd., Hardy, VA 24101-2576 (540) 427-3072 is northeast of Roanoke and is listed on the Net as dealing in MVs. Their answering machine indicated they have unusual hours from mid-week until Saturday. - I'll follow up there in the next few weeks.

Wyattearp

Hey Opie,

Thanks for the update on that, keep us informed, as im closer to Buchanan, and points west from here.

Opie

I'm afraid that Horne Supply and Salvage is a bust due to our "friends" at GL. They used to work in MVs but don't do so anymore due to the elevated prices involved.

We'll see what there is to be had in Buchanan (pronounced "buck-cannon" for you non-locals...) later on...

Elwenil

From what I have been told the Buchanan bunch is priced a bit ridiculous. Like $1000 and up, per Deuce axle. I don't know of anyone here locally that has been out to see them in a long time, and the word of mouth reports are a bit conflicting. some say they still have a few Deuces sitting around, others say that they got rid of them and don't handle them anymore. I guess the best thing to do is give them a call. If I could ever get in touch with the owners of a Deuce here locally, they have another for parts. Supposedly there is two running/driving Deuces and the one for parts and the owner recently passed away and they are for sale, but I can't seem to get in touch with the family or anything. Anyone in the Virginia area know of a Deuce owner in the Alleghany County area that may have passed away recently??

Opie

I'm afraid Thrasher Machinery & Salvage is another sign of what GL has done to the "little guys." They apparently once did a fair trade in deuces, but haven't for a while now. They've one M35A2 sans bed which they hope to bob "someday," an M1009 which they'd like to sell (neglected to ask price), pallets of metal ammo boxes and bins of hard to identify miscellaneous rusty bits from MVs and civilian trucks.

After all the stories of Howard's, I'd at least envisioned five or six deuces in a field in various stages of disassembly...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks