• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help with starter for my 89 3 kw 24v generator

Stalwart

And NEVER INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE again. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME!
Somebody needs some lessons in decorum. You come to a site that you have paid nothing toward and make demands of a moderator? :cookoo: OK, I'll insult your intelligence by saying that you appear to have little to none. :roll: I do know something about you, you are self important and believe you are "entitled" to respect. Whereas most of us understand we have to earn respect by our words and deeds.

wiccantoy

No I uderstand u have pidely little things u stand by. I've done my time don't demend respect. Just realise I'm not just a little teen child. And request the respect you would want from another. And find it funny how many people bare interent tough guys. Its easy to be behind a computer.

wiccantoy

MEP 016B Generator wont stay running

Ok just as the title says, haveing trouble getting the generator to run the way it should. The throttle cable broke (bad thing to start with). Is there a primer on these generators? Our other one that we have in the firehouse runs every time after u use the glow plug for 15 seconds. Where should i start to look on this unit? Gonns pull the fuel out since its about 1 year old. Had it running for about 30 seconds. But it really should have less issues than this.

Please help with anything i can start with. Than i will be also buying a throttle cable if anyone knows a good place to purchase one. that would be great also.

Thank you in advance.

Isaac-1

1 year old diesel should not be a problem, have you checked and changed your fuel filter? There was a carquest source recently posted for these fuel filters costing under $10 each.

Isaac-1

The MEP-016b uses a canister style fuel filter/water separator, follow the fuel line from the tank to the engine and you should find it, on the bottom there is a water drain the filter cartridge goes in the the top, the top cover is held by an acorn nut. All this is covered in the service manuals available to download as a pdf online.

Ike

derf

How full is the tank? There is a low fuel shutdown to keep it from surging when the fuel runs out. You can reach in the tank and lift up on the float. Is the solenoid shutting it down or is it just starving for fuel? I have a 701A that had a loose part in the middle fuel pump, not the injector pump, not the electric pump, but the lift pump that pumps to the injector pump. I took it apart and fixed it pretty easily.

wiccantoy

Ok spent about 30 minutes draining the fuel tank and putting a fuel filter in. And I'm glad i did. The fuel that should be green was brown and had some dirt in it. So new fuel is in it. and filter. But still need a throttle cable. Went to Napa and they only have 9 foot ones. O well ill find one on a site or one locally somewhere.

Thanks everyone for the advice. Hopefully I will be able to finish playing with it after the haloween parade im in for the fire company.

wiccantoy

identifing gensets

Ok have seen people see the tag on there generator. And find out that something isntcorrect.
Reason I'm asking is I'm about to order a throttle cable for my mep-016b onan gen. The tag on the caseing says it is indeed a 016b. Any reasonit could be wrong?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post a picture and we can probably positively identify it for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks