• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help with starter for my 89 3 kw 24v generator

derf

So, you have the spurt spurt spurt at the injector nut when loosened 1/2 turn and turning the motor over?

derf

If there is air in the IP system then you won't get the spurt spurt spurt when turning over with the nut loose.
Is it starting at all?
Is the solenoid moving how and when it is supposed to?

derf

If you get the spurt spurt spurt and no start then check injector and glow plug for leaks. Leak = not enough compression for combustion.

derf

New gaskets under glow plug and injector?

Spurt spurt spurt plus air should equal start.

If not, then maybe check compression.

derf

There should be a washer/gasket between the injector and the head. I don't remember if the glow plug has one or not.

wiccantoy

Ok I've searched all I can. Haven't found any info showing evidence of gaskets of any sort for the injector. So if anyone has any other proof please chime in. Been thinking of different ways to try and see if there is any sort of a leak of any type. Which makes me happy since I had to make special tools just to remove it and I tossed it after I put it back in, and even that was a chore on its own. So I pray that I don't find out anything else. Grrrrrrr this is just another agrivation. Was about to buy another generator to avoid having to keep chasing the issues. I'd be set for quite some time since I've got about $1 thousand in parts in this generator unit. It's rather sad but I don't like to give up. This is the main reason I've been asking if there is anyone in south nj that might be willing to come over to offer help. Even if I had to pay for the help, for fuel, lunch, etc. etc.

rustystud

Ok I've searched all I can. Haven't found any info showing evidence of gaskets of any sort for the injector. So if anyone has any other proof please chime in. Been thinking of different ways to try and see if there is any sort of a leak of any type. Which makes me happy since I had to make special tools just to remove it and I tossed it after I put it back in, and even that was a chore on its own. So I pray that I don't find out anything else. Grrrrrrr this is just another agrivation. Was about to buy another generator to avoid having to keep chasing the issues. I'd be set for quite some time since I've got about $1 thousand in parts in this generator unit. It's rather sad but I don't like to give up. This is the main reason I've been asking if there is anyone in south nj that might be willing to come over to offer help. Even if I had to pay for the help, for fuel, lunch, etc. etc.
That is strange, since every injector I've ever seen has a copper gasket between the injector and head. If you don't have this gasket you will leak compression.

rustystud

View attachment Scan0040.pdfWell I just checked the TM 5-6115-615-34 and there bold as brass (or copper) is the copper gasket for the injector. Now if somebody could tell me how to post directly from the manual to this site I would appreciate it . Right now I have to print out the page, scan it back to the computer, then using the "Insert Image" button post the picture. I know there has to be a better way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks