• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help with starter for my 89 3 kw 24v generator

wiccantoy

Only thing ive run into on the fuel filter from napa you need to cork gasket that comes with it. When i got mine i threw it out. Than looked at the old one and noticed after looking at ones listed to ebay they come with 2. So i spent about 2 hours and a roll of cork gasket and made my own. Im hoping to reinstall it back into my generator tomorrow. Only need to find the other gasket for the lid.

rofl

randini

Is there a site that list TM for a MEP-016, like for my M35? Or is the only option to buy the TM's? I do have the TM's for the Head. I would like the TM for the Engine.

Isaac-1

They can be found online as PDF's for free, at least the ones for the MEP-016b/701a can, I think the manuals for the MEP-016a and c are also out there, but none are released yet for the MEP-016d or e

RangerBob

Here's one link to a copy of the -016b/-701a manual...

http://igor.chudov.com/manuals/OtherGenerators/MEP-016B/062759.PDF

1. Change 1 to this joint technical manual TM 05926B/06509B-12/1/TM
5-6115-615-12/NAVFAC P-8-646-12/TO 35C2-3-386-31 is for Army use only. It is effective upon receipt and provides operator and organizational maintenance instructions, and a Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC) for Generator Set, Engine Driven, Tactical, Skid-Mounted, 3 KW DOD Model MEP 701A, 60 Hz, NSN 6115-01-234-5966. Model 701A is a modified model MEP 016B with the addition of the Acoustic Suppression Kit (ASK). The ASK is intended to suppress the high noise level inherent in a diesel-driven generator.

Last edited:

wiccantoy

Mep016a / 701a filter relocation questions

Searched for a while on google and here on the forum. Anyone know what if anything can be used as a oil filter relocation kit? Tying to change the oil on something That sits flat like a hond engine. Rally is no fun.....

The Mep016a and Mep701a are no where the same. the 16a is a Gas engine the 701a is Diesel. you must be thinking the MEP-016b/d/e The A & C models are both with 4a032 gas engines, I'm not sure if the simple pump on those could handle remote filters.

wiccantoy

Im sorry mine is a 016b. It is the same a a 701a. Only difference is the 701 has the sound deadening housing. Which mine is.I remember seeing on here about a adapter for the anon oil filter. Just can't find where I had seen it.

I just converted my a to the spin on filter..... I have the kit to make it a C as well (the upgraded ignition system) Gonna add some wheels to it as well when I can finally get time to work on them. I don'e see why if they have some sort of remote cooler you can't relocate the filter as well. the adapter hoising would probably be the challenge.

derf

I think the one in this pis has what looks like a FL3525? Maybe?
See what that crosses to and search oil filter relocation.

Attachments

derf

Since it already has an oil cooler in place you could have something made to take the place of the filter and plumb a filter into the cooler lines. You could remove the bypass valve from a filter and leave it in place and add a working filter in the cooling line circuit.
I suppose you could do away with the oil cooler adapter block (part 25) and tap the holes in the engine block for lines and then put a filter in line with the cooler.
You may be able to modify the oil cooler adapter block by milling a slot in it and then bolting a flat plate in place where the filter would normally go.

I believe the NAPA 1378, Wix 51378, and Fram PH8212 are the correct filters for a 016B. IIRC they cross to a Honda or Acura application. You may find a relocation kit for one of those cars.

It seems like a lot of work, though, for little return.

Attachments

derf

It should work fine as long as it fits. What numbers are on the one on the gen unit?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks