• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registration cost for M-35a3 vs antique plates on older m-35's in NH?

OD in my veins

I'm looking to buy a duece for a bobber. My question is what does it cost to register say a '93 M-35a3 as opposed to the low cost of a pre 87 model. I going to build a bobbed deuce, just need to figure out what model I need to get. Also looking for other pros and cons to the different model and drive trains. Please go easy I'm new to M-35's.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I'll go easy on you. Did you call the BMV(DMV) and ask how much? No one on here can tell you exactly how much because no one on here knows. They can tell you what they paid but not what you will pay. Why do I say this? I have seen guys from the same state paying different rates for the same plate. Call you local motor vehicle people and ask.

For your second part learn to use the search function on the site and wade through the tons of M35A3 vs M35A2 posts. All it amounts to is what you want not what anyone else says is better because it is their opinion.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It depends on your intended use. It looks like New Hampshire has quite a few restrictions for antique plates . You would also have to check into wether a bobber quailifies for antique plates , many states require the vehicles to be unaltered . You really need to check with your local DMV for costs and requirements .

OD in my veins

I don't know how I feel about two different people being charged different rates to register the same rig. But I will look into weather I can register a bobbed deuce as an antique. Antique plate BELOME I like it!

joesco

I had no problem registering my bobbed deuce using antique plates. I called it an AM General Pickup! I sold it to a friend and now he has farm plates on it. You will need to have the DMV or your local police out to do a VIN verification also. I plan on registering my bobbed 1985 M931 as an antique and should save about $400.00 per year as weigh will not be an issue under an antique registration.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks