• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel brake lines

Tony

I need to replace some steel brake lines on my M-135. So far I haven't beenable to locate any, so I must make some . Is there a article published, or a place where I can get some info on double flaring, and shaping steel brake lines. And also what tools, jigs and flaring tool would be recomended.

gusce

You can buy very nice stainless steel made up lines with connections from Auto Zone and probably many other places. They are a little costly, but not bad, and they won't ever rust out. As I remember they come in lengths from about 2' to 7' but not sure about that.

The nice thing is that the SS bends like butter with any halfway decent tubing bender. I was really surprised because I expected them to be very hard to bend. It was a pleasure bending them, first time I ever said that!!

Tony

gusc,

Thanks for the SS input, think I'll go that way.

I've also done some research on tube bending, located an article in Army Motors, the article ws reprinted from Motor Service Auto, This restoration has given me a lot of info, located a tutoral on MV brake systems and an article on the Air-Pac which the M-135 and other vehicles that have air over hydraulic. These two articles are in MV magazine

I think when I get all this info packaged together, I'll ask the moderator if I can put in a Brake file . Would like to share all this info I'm getting.

Tony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks