• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case parking brake retainer spring size.

Trango

Just in case anyone goes and has to replace the shoes on their transfer case mounted parking brake, and the little wire seperator at bottom is broken, you want to make two, roughly 17/32" [or slightly larger than 1/2"] holes in about ~14 ga plate 2.5" apart from one another to recreate this strap.

Hopefully it does not start raining while you are making this piece of strap and waiting for the paint to dry on this. ;)

By the way, I have a parking brake for the first time in my ownership! Yipaa! Now it's time to test its effectiveness and determine whether I should scrap the stock brakes entirely and go to pure air, or keep the stock master cylinder and just add another air pack for the front axles. ;)

Cheers
Bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks