• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

zout

Photo1581.jpgBad dream con;t - OOOOOOOPS did I mention I burned up PB's wiring harness in payback for the 43 - hahahahaha - but - I found a new place to hang my drinks while working:jumpin:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Can't help ya with the pressure washing from here Brother Zout but I'll have the "Drone" air drop a fresh bottle of Crown and a case of Bud ASAP!!:-D

Let's see...I figure you've had maybe six hours total between yesterday and when ya got home tonight to work on the truck so....yep...Commander Warp is on his "A Game" folks!!:not worthy:

zout

AHHHHH - I got out of work at 4:15 pm and about a 20 minute drive home. But you are correct - I am dialed in and on game. This bulldog can hunt.

zout

I have been asked to remove my Live Web cams from my back yard and put them in the garage - If I do that I
will set up a live 1-900-commander -live phone line. All proceeds go to Crown
:-D

zout

I have to change up my approach on this - the back seat section is welded to the dash/firewall area - I know this is way beyond what SOMEONE is expecting but I just need to get under those area's to do it right. Not as much as problems under there as but getting the entire thing at once and doing it right. Still not a restoration - but dang - some things just need to be done. I got everything pressure washed and sometimes up to 4 times to get the goo off them. As you can tell my ENTER key on my keyboard is still broken. My apologies. Photo1582.jpgPhoto1583.jpgPhoto1584.jpgPhoto1585.jpgPhoto1586.jpgPhoto1587.jpgPhoto1588.jpgPhoto1589.jpgPhoto1590.jpgPhoto1591.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warp Speed ahead... Looks great Zout. :beer: Are you saying the open cab box is welded on the frame? My cab box is held on the frame mounts with 4 bolts, however the seat box is indeed welded to the cab floor and that is where I have some serious rust. Going to blast it and come up with a patch plan once I see how may spots I have. I do have to replace some hat channel and John B sells it by the foot. I will be watching you so I can formulate a "good" plan.

zout

The seat area is held on with its 4 spring loaded bolts - this appears is was made to be separated from the main firewall/dash/cowl area ???? the two pictures of a bolt on the floor seems to be layered - as to if the bolt was removed you could then have been able to lift the seat section up and away -= thus leaving only the main tall standing firewall/dash/cowl - but then again I could be totally wrong and the entire piece needs to be taken out.

zout

Deb is picking me up some blasting material on her way home from church - but after I finished screwing around on SS this morning saying HI to all the folks I went down and almost destroyed PB's WC - right now he is too far away to come up and kick my arse - but if just needs taken down this far so I can put the magic wand to it. I included the PTO stuff for TWM with what type it is. Headed over to my neighbors to get my other set of wheel dollies so I can drop the front end of the WC so I can get some breathing room in the garage and start whipping some blast material around and finally get onto some real playing around. You can see what I mean about that seat floor pan section not separating from the main cowl area - just took some time to figure out how I could do it all by myself this morning. (MY enter key on the keyboard is still broken so bear with me please - I'm too cheap to head 1 mile to get another one)Photo1598.jpgPhoto1599.jpgPhoto1600.jpgPhoto1601.jpgPhoto1602.jpgPhoto1603.jpgPhoto1604.jpgPhoto1605.jpgPhoto1606.jpg

zout

here is some further work done today - try moving one of these SOB's around a 3 stall garage by yourself less pulling these whole components:Photo1607.jpgPhoto1608.jpgPhoto1609.jpgPhoto1610.jpgPhoto1611.jpgPhoto1612.jpgPhoto1613.jpgPhoto1614.jpgPhoto1615.jpgPhoto1616.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Commander, your progress is amazing but expected based on your past projects. All I got done today was to install and adjust the handbrake assembly on my WC. That open cab box is basically the same as mine with a few style changes. You are so right about moving these beasts around by yourself. I am very jealous that you have a wife who will pick up ten bags of blast media for you. Way to go Deb. Looks like someone needs a new backing plate for the drum.

:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks