• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

zout

TWM - it appears that left front backing plate was cut out with a torch - Hummm. I had to come in an have Zout 2 rub me down - not that I was sore - I just like being rubbed down hahahha

zout

Better yet would have been my sisters giving me a rub down - not that I am a sick individual - but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poppop

Those pictures look vagely familiar, Now where have I seen something like that before??????

In a couple days I will be able to see from your work what else I need to do.:beer:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And just where do you find a 70+ year old backing plate...................

zout

geeze - so far I thought I was wasting precious time just staring at it mostly ? feels like I have not really accomplished anything

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
geeze - so far I thought I was wasting precious time just staring at it mostly ? feels like I have not really accomplished anything
Well golly gee whizzer!! I wish I could stare at a project and get that much done!!:shock:

Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day. I heard it took almost a month...and they had lots of help!!!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job Commander. I had a blast and epoxy coat party planned for today but the bad weather fairy intervened. Oh well! :cry:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Nice job Commander. I had a blast and epoxy coat party planned for today but the bad weather fairy intervened. Oh well! :cry:
Ok, wait a friggin minute!!

I see what's happening here!!
You and Zout are plotting against me!! You both are doing such an excellent job that you know we would never put either one of these WC's side by side with our other motley stuff!!:shock:

Well I have news for ya...we can always brush up our other stuff...maybe.:beer:

PLUS...I'm holding a CHERRY M43 Ambulance hostage til I get the WC22 back!!:papabear:

Last edited:

zout

TWM has me outgunned here - he has dug into all the components and rebuilt them to perfection - like new condition.

Lloyd is a whole nother story - and I am doing my best to follow in his steps.

I'll be getting the rear section blasted tonight - and NO I did not blast the underside front area of the frame lips - its too low to the ground.
But they will not be once its back in the garage with the upper most sections done in epoxy primer - I'll get it up on the stands in a nicer working environment and then sick the bulldog on it. You gotta know this area would not go untouched sooner or later. Beides - being up in the air will make it easier to start working on the brakes/lines - etc etc etc.

I will get all the blasting done at one time - moving the cab outside and then the bed - getting them both into primer as well.

I need to find my bung hole again to be able to push that chassis back into its hole inside the garage.:popcorn:

goldneagle

I think i figured out Dave's secrete! You know when he said he didn't do much....well he didn't! He was actually sleeping after consuming his usual cherries and pixies came and did all the work on the WC while he was sleeping. That is how so much work got done is a short time! :papabear:

:not worthy::not worthy: :grd: [thumbzup] But seriously, you are doing a great job! I wish I lived closer. I would love to come and help and learn from the master....:tank:

Last edited:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excuse me Superman, you should be able to pick that puppy up with one hand and carry it back in. Wish I could be there to help but I know the WC will be finished and back at PB's before the 27th. :razz:

zout

Finished blasting the rear section - then the job of moving it back in the garage started - and what a task it was. I will finish spraying what I blasted tomorrow night now that it is out of the weather and get it up in the air on stands after twitching it around a little bit. Looks like the work begins.Photo1631.jpgPhoto1632.jpgPhoto1633.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks