• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

zout

The force could have kept the outside temp down while I was outside the garage blasting after moving the chassis where I wanted it and lifting it. Got the underside of the cab blasted and some nasty etching epoxy primer on it.

Thinking I can get this cab underside primered now and painted with the supplied paint - along with the frame area's this area rests on. The work I have to do to the cab section can all be done with it re-mounted again - at least the underside will all be honky dorie. All the extreme restore folk just do not get it - the economy is just not there to support a full tilt - kick arse rebuilt when a good runnable WC can be utilized - if it ever turns back to where we can piss money away again (I highly doubt that) the owner might as well be able to drive it and enjoy it in the meantime.

Many thanks to the CAMO crew who really did not want this off grounds - I will try my best if possible to uphold their standards.
Photo1634.jpgPhoto1635.jpgPhoto1636.jpgPhoto1637.jpgPhoto1638.jpgPhoto1639.jpgPhoto1640.jpgPhoto1641.jpgPhoto1642.jpgPhoto1643.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Am I a "extreme restore folk" and should I be embarrased? You are taking this Commander Warp thing to the next level. I think I am going to change that to:
Galactic Commander Warp. :)

zout

I have totally no issues with folks who go to the extreme - and that is only how I base what extreme is - to other folks its totally something different.

So I appreciate the workmanship when tearing down components from a whole unit to make it the best it can be - exactly as you have done and others - and I SALUTE you.
Could I do that if there was no $ issue - dang straight. But while most of us fight for the last $ we have and still enjoy this hobby - I would just as soon personally enjoy driving it looking 1/2 nice - and wait for
the sucky economy to turn around and then put the bucks into a project.

Project just is what it is.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK...so if I give you a big hug and a smooch at the Zout cookout are you gonna call me "funny" names Zout??

That rascal is looking outstanding!! (That's the best compliment a Grunt knows how to give).:beer:
:papabear:

zout

Absolutely not - funny thing with typing chit and how people understand what's being actually "said" - there was no insinuation of anything. Folks just do different things is all.
Folks see different things is all. Does not make it wrong or right - just another way of doing things. In the end - they all go down the road.

Guess I'll just wait and post final pics and send what I get done per day to the owner.

goldneagle

Absolutely not - funny thing with typing chit and how people understand what's being actually "said" - there was no insinuation of anything. Folks just do different things is all.
Folks see different things is all. Does not make it wrong or right - just another way of doing things. In the end - they all go down the road.

Guess I'll just wait and post final pics and send what I get done per day to the owner.
Can you add me to the mailing list? I'm a Zout groupie....:doghead:

zout

Suppose to be thunderstorms tonight and a great reason to work in the garage with the door open just to watch it all happen tonight.

Bottom of the cab will continue to be attacked until its fully under submission - small area on the nose of the nose above the grille is slighly dented from me richoceting beer cans off it so I had better fix it before PB see's it.

I was thinking about getting a couple bales of straw and throw it all over everything on it and post there was a Barn Find WC in my garage (but I spend the $ on beer instead). I figured he was still getting over me messing with him with his cabin mutilated last year anyhow.

Should only take as well a couple hours to get the underside area's of the frame cleaned up so all will be in epoxy primer.

zout

Got training wheels on the youngest grandsons bike which is TOP priority around here. Underside of cab is painted - area on frame tops is painted so when I am ready I can set the cab. I am not done with the cab just yet.Photo1648.jpgPhoto1649.jpgPhoto1650.jpgPhoto1651.jpgPhoto1652.jpgPhoto1653.jpgPhoto1654.jpgPhoto1655.jpgPhoto1656.jpgPhoto1657.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Zout my Brother I am absolutely overwhelmed by those outstanding pics of the WC. Thank you Bro!!:beer:

It does my heart good to see the "Squirrels" having a good time with Gramps!:)

Attachments

zout

Single Stage synthetic enamel that requires an epoxy primer - making the subsurface non porrus.

Here is the brand name as well - it states you can reduce it up to 15% but there is no way I would do this after looking at the consistancy of the paint itself - I reduced at 1%.
http://www.tm9ordnance.com/index.asp

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I was a little worried about that paint to be honest.
The color just didn't look right in the can but after seeing it on the truck I love it!!:)

Zout you're doing outstanding work and it will be greatly appreciated by our Veterans and others when she is on display somewhere!!:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks