• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

o1951

Tire shop should be able to balance for you. Course, the best would be one of the old "on the car balancers" from 1950-60's - they balance the entire rotating mass - brake drum and all. If you have trouble getting them bal, let me know - I'll explain how we used to bring them in close. PIA, but should be good enough so you can go 30 in parade.

Danger Ranger

It looks real sharp Zout and PB, glad it turned out so great. I go away for a bit and come back to find it done......guess thats what one should expect with the Commander working on the project....

zout

I just think you two were headed down stripper street where they pole dance where the roads are full of potholes - but EH - what do I know.

IF it was Wed after dumpster diving day with DOC - no wonder you two are in a miscalculated state - DO NOT sniff dumpster fumes

zout

PB - have Tony dig out that checklist I gave him when you picked it up (gave it to him because he would not loose it) - KingPin LF side - there is your wobble. Once Tony or Troy get it up in the air and show you - you will know.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB - have Tony dig out that checklist I gave him when you picked it up (gave it to him because he would not loose it) - KingPin LF side - there is your wobble. Once Tony or Troy get it up in the air and show you - you will know.
Already fixed that bro. Also took all the wheels off and sorta re-centered the studs in the wheel holes and put the lugnuts back...man what a difference!!

zout

That'll teach you not to let any numbskull work on your truck when he is not qualified or coherent. Think you would have sent it to someone who knew what he was doing

PareoWC

Zout, if I may resurrect this thread, just in case others may have missed it. I appreciate your workmanship on this WC. Frankly, I had only been taught that to have a safe and reliable driving MV, that every portion should be broken down, inspected, rebuilt, as new.

Man, I love your common sense approach and were able to pay attention to the safety and mechanical aspects, but didn't feel the need to unbolt everything. Thanks to Frank Unger, I'll be working on a WC52, and will be interested to see what does, and does not actually need to be "gone through".

(3) questions- did you use a new wiring harness? 2nd- how did you manage to paint inside of your shop without having overspray over everything? 3rd- Did you re-use your blasting media, or just sweep it into the lawn?

Again, great job, and I will be using this build as a template for my WC :-D

zout

I had fans in the windows blowing outward. HVLP guns.
Cover a lot of chit up as well. Yuppers. Added blasting media to the grass to see if I could finally get it to grow that way....and it does.
Appreciate you checking the thread out. It was not a full teardown but close to it -its not what the owner wanted but I could hear the WC talking to me and it demanded to be done that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks