• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission drain/fill plug

image.jpg

The plug located at the bend in the transfer case shifter is the incorrect plug, right? The correct one is located lower near the T-case linkage?

brianp454

I know what is in the TM's, yet it seems that doesn't correspond to the fill plug. I was always taught to fill to a little under the fill plug. My transmission definitely had more than what is called out in the TM. I drained my transfer case and transmission, will fill them later this week. Can anyone confirm what is the correct fill level and why?

Drained and filled the differentials and the transmission/transfer case. Some nasty stuff came out. All good now :)

Whiterabbit

I always fill till it starts dribbling out the fill plug. There's a reason the engineers/designers put the fill plug at that specific spot.
True, some manuals say fill just to below the hole with some big truck's diffs but I've never had any problems with filling my trucks to the hole.

nattieleather

I use to drain the trans and the pull the fill plug and the gear shifter. Then filled from the top till it ran out the fill plug hole. Much easier than trying to tip a bottle up into the fill hole with the trans mounted in the vehicle.

armytruck63

I like the using the gear oil in either one or five gallon containers with the hand pump. That way, you don't have to try to lift a little bottle up to the fill hole, just the end of a hose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks