• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151-A2 Engine

cstinson

I have a M151-A2, W/Ropes, that I am about to start restoring. It has a running engine, but it is weak, and I was wondering if anyone knows if there are new Long Block engines available. Is it easier to overhaul existing engine? Attached are some pictures of my MUTT...IMG_0365.jpgIMG_0339.jpgIMG_0352.jpgIMG_0349.jpgIMG_0345.jpgIMG_0347.jpgIMG_0346.jpgIMG_0336.jpgIMG_0337.jpgIMG_0368.jpg

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rapcoparts.com in Bowie TX or redriverparts.com in Hooks Tx may be able to help you out.

cstinson

Thanks.........Warthog. I'm new to this Website, but I am catching on. I have some pictures that I will post, but I need my daughter to help with this. I am an older Vet, and am not a Computer Wiz by any stretch.

cstinson

I finally found the Tag with the Serial #, and Body #, on my M151-A2. It was on the Transmission tunnel, under the fuel lines, as others have described. The SN# is: 11639700, and the Body #, which is directly under the SN, is: B151-6420. Can anyone tell me if this reveals the Year of production? I am very excited to have found this tag, as I have read in this Forum that it is necessary to apply for a Title. Any help would be appreciated.

mutt_kahuna

Aloha...there are usually quite a few people/dealers with low mileage complete take-out A2 powerpacks....I'd take your current engine out as a spare and look for one of the low mileage t/o's...MUCH cheaper then rebuilding....

cstinson

Thanks..........I'm going to pull mine apart ans see what I have, and probably overhaul it as a spare, as you advise. Just spoke to a guy in St. Louis that has access to some of those PO engines.

cstinson

Thanks........I'm thinking about buying a takeout to install, and overhaul mine as a spare. I will call you and discuss my options as far as complete engine, long block, transmission, etc.

vtdeucedriver

Its the quickest and easiest way!! Plenty of dealers in TX for those engines so no need to shop half way across the country. Come on over to the www.g838.org
We will be glad to help!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks