• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 NHC250 Turbo Project

alignv3d

[h=2]
M923 NHC250 Turbo Prodject[/h]
Bought a running 1978 White Tractor with a cummings small cam 350. Removed everything necessary to convert.
Turbo, manifolds, intercooler, injection pump, etc.​

Attachments

HVYDOC

You might get the CPL# off the donor motor to have for future needs & also get some rebuilt injectors for that CPL for correct fuel ratio for your 923.

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello
I am wanting to do the same to my '86 M931 and I would like to see the after project complete pictures. Did you install the oil cooler as well from the white? asking because I see the front end of the water manifold. How well did the after cooler fit?

Thanks

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What about piston coolers? These engines didnt come with them since they weren't turbocharged. That's what I have always been told.
Correct, they lack the piston squirters.

That said, I own and have owned several engines that were NA engines I added a turbo to. As long as one does the install without expecting to turn the fuel WAY up, they can live without them. (But I recommend gauges and keeping EGTs low.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks