• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151-A2, Data Tag

cstinson

I found the Data Tag/Body Tag on my M151-A2. It was on the Transmission tunnel, as others have described. I my be incorrectly identifying this tag as a Data Tag. It has the following sets of #'s: 11639700
B151-6420
Are these the SN, and Body #? Can these #'s reveal the date of Mfg., and the Mfg. identity? (Ford, AMG, Kaiser, etc)
Any help would be greatly appreciated............

TNJMurray

We've got a part for that
That is the only mutt that ever had a ser # attached to the body. These where the body kits that amg produced. That number is the ser # off that jeep. Also that body will rust faster then all the others and when you go to weld on them you can really tell a difference in the ease that your weld will blow out. So to wrap up these bodies where the last run that amg did all the body kits in the wooded crates had these ser # and we demiled a lot of new m151a2 s at camp Lejeune in the past that had these ser # on them also. Tnjmurray.com. Murco@tnjmurray.com

cstinson

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm lucky, I found one with all the floor panels and body panels intact. No rust. Someone had painted the entire vehicle with some kind of white paint, Very tough paint, **** to get off....Does this AMG with this Seriel # jndicate a date or year of Mfg.? All replies are greatly appreciated.

cstinson

I have been trying to contact muttguru over on g838 concerning my Data Tag info, on my M151-A2. I have registered, but the Administrator has not approved my registeration, for that site, as yet. Could someone please contact muttguru with my numbers, and ask him what info concerning Mfg date, manufacturer he can give me with these numbers, found on the Trans Tunnel drivers side: #11639700, B151-6420. I would appreciate this very much.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks