• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P. Bill Parks

FormerNewMVGuy

Bill Parks 4/16 2013

I am sad to bring the news of Bills Passing. His wife just called me to tell me this horrible news, They believe his heart may have given out while he was working outside at his home.

Bill was A great guy and a very active member of our hobby, He was my Great friend, and i will miss him.

michigandon

Never met the man in person, but I do know that he was a well-liked and respected member of this forum.

Condolences to his friends and family.

emr

Bill touched the heart of everyone he met. it is indescribable to have this happen, I will look for Him at the show, and then realize we will not see Him anymore. Bill was not setting up His encampment this year at the MTA show, Finally making time to just get out and enjoy the show. I know Scott was fighting tears when we spoke, i know I am too. People do not come better than Bill. God Bless Bill and His Family at this time. ...Randy

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Bill (The Creampuff) is seated on the right in this pic...4th person down. I don't know of anyone who loved Veterans better than Bill or anyone who tried to do more for them.
Bill got adopted by the Guntrucker fellers and contributed greatly to both Guntruck Sites.

Bill was a Proud American, CAMO member and all around good troop.

The flag at the compound will fly at half mast tomorrow.

God has issued a mission change that takes Bill from us but he will always be a true Brother in our hearts.

Attachments

Last edited:

foxtrk2

i met bill four years ago and liked and respected him from th efirst handshake he welcomed me into the world of mv's and i shall try to carry on his attitude to all that i meet forward in life god bless you bill

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WOW, that is all I can say, the last thing I would think, great guy, meet him at the GATHERING, very sad day in the VETERAN and MV world

Last edited by a moderator:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Bill was a great guy. Him and i shared a hotel room when the gun truck rally was held in Carlisle. He snored alot!!! I tried multiple times to get him to Aberdeen but never got him to head south. Used to love seeing his immaculate Viet Nam era painted deuce that was second to none. I will miss him. Steel Soldiers has allowed me to meet good people like Bill, Dave (Armyman 35+) and more than i can count who have passed away but I have been blessed with knowing them. RIP Sr Jeeper, you where a good friend and honorable man...ATD

Never met this gentleman but praying for his family. It sounds like he touched the hearts of a lot of people. God has a master plan and you don't ever know when he will call on you.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh man, what terrible news. He will be missed. I'm without words...I really wish I was able to attend the Jim Thorpe show now.
My prayers are with Loretta and her family at this time.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, this hit me like a truck. Bill and I were good friends, we set up the Vietnam display together at the Gilbert PA shows, and once at the MTA show. We'd bump into each other at the Jim Thorpe show as well. He was a great guy, always had a smile and a wise-crack joke for me every time we met, and I have nothing but good things to say about the man. First time I met him was at the very first Rausch Creek SS rally in Oct. 2007, he showed up, and rode the afternoon in my deuce, and later led us over to a restaurant for dinner.

He was a Vietnam-era veteran, served on the Portland lightship in the late 1960s. Also, a very enthusiastic MV owner and treasurer for the Red Ball group in PA. It will be very hard for me to be at the Red Ball shows in the future, knowing he won't be there with his smiling face anymore. :( He was a top-notch guy, would-lend-you-the-shirt-off-his-back kind of guy, and I wish there were more people like him in this hobby. He will be very much missed by myself and many others.

I will say a prayer for his family, and his wife Loretta, as well. I hope the good Lord has a truck bay available for Bill when he gets up to heaven, so he can wrench in God's Motor Pool....

Attachments

Last edited:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Mike I agree with you 100%. Something else that I remembered last nite after I signed off, he sure loved riding in a gun truck....I hope the Red Ball Guys give him a SS Viking send off like we did for Dave!

Oh, this hit me like a truck. Bill and I were good friends, we set up the Vietnam display together at the Gilbert PA shows, and once at the MTA show. We'd bump into each other at the Jim Thorpe show as well. He was a great guy, always had a smile and a wise-crack joke for me every time we met, and I have nothing but good things to say about the man. First time I met him was at the very first Rausch Creek SS rally in Oct. 2007, he showed up, and rode the afternoon in my deuce, and later led us over to a restaurant for dinner.

He was a Vietnam-era veteran, served on the Portland lightship in the late 1960s. Also, a very enthusiastic MV owner and treasurer for the Red Ball group in PA. It will be very hard for me to be at the Red Ball shows in the future, knowing he won't be there with his smiling face anymore. :( He was a top-notch guy, would-lend-you-the-shirt-off-his-back kind of guy, and I wish there were more people like him in this hobby. He will be very much missed by myself and many others.

I will say a prayer for his family, and his wife Loretta, as well. I hope the good Lord has a truck bay available for Bill when he gets up to heaven, so he can wrench in God's Motor Pool....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks