• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HASSON1911's M923A2 Acquisition and Restoration Thread

HASSON1911

I know right, its the as-39000 for the sincgar radio. its hook up to nothing right now, I'm working with a local radio guy in my area to work on a project that will later be revealed

swindad2

Awesome find! I'm looking at 5 tons myself, but the wife is just now getting over the deuce. Just talked her into riding in it yesterday.

HASSON1911

Started paint to see what the colors looked like, think ill do the hood today! Word to the wise don't use a paint brush for me I hate streaks and its really hard, for me anyways, to get rid of them while painting. Probably use a roller for the hood. And like others say little runs showed up, but i guess thats normal and will wash away? Hopefully?....Also, 1 internet cookie for who can guess whats wrong with my front tire!

Attachments

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There are tons of people parting these things out they can't be hard to find. Get a bunch of big washers for now put them on under the nuts. You can take off the weight on the other side and weigh it so you can see if you are getting close.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to thank who ever put these goodies in my truck and also GL for not taking them out. Shown: davit crane chain hoist, 5 reflective triangle markers, 2 bottle neck jacks and 2 impact sockets. Not shown: glad hand and speaker from com. system
Lucky.....I didn't have a **** thing in the goodie boxes. Did have a extra shackle, a couple military pouches and some paperwork indicating my truck was in Kuwait at one time in the early 90's in the cab.

HASSON1911

What are your guys thoughts on keeping it green, black tires, then do natural wood for troop seats (for the parade) then after take my time with camo. Thoughts?

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Black wheels...easy to paint and easy to touch up, can of Krylon Professional flat black, after projects requiring tire removal. Get some fiberglass troop seats...much easier to maintain2cents

HASSON1911

This is the one from sparta, Im not sure if glen is done working on the one I was checking out from him, mentioned some valves leaking up in the dash.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am sure it will be 100% Jake by the time you pick it up! The Sparta one if looking pretty good though!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks