• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HASSON1911's M923A2 Acquisition and Restoration Thread

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jake the truck is looking pretty darned good, if I can only make one suggestion, it would look REALLY nice with a 3 color NATO woodland cargo cover! That would be the crown on the king Jake!
KK

HASSON1911

Jake the truck is looking pretty darned good, if I can only make one suggestion, it would look REALLY nice with a 3 color NATO woodland cargo cover! That would be the crown on the king Jake!
KK
You know what Karl so do I, how does Thurs. the 19th sound for a reschedule pick up? I'm debating on getting some metal ones from Glen or fabbing my own bows!

In the mean time I have to figure out how to get my front right drive tire fixed, and my spare rim doesn't look to promising either!

Attachments

HASSON1911

Got the cargo cover today!!! Big shout out Karl Kostman, you weren't lying when you said its really "fun" to fold it back up by yourself, I almost got it as good as you though, haha.

Asides from dust "preservative" she looks brand new!

Step 2: get bows!

Attachments

Dr Tred

Jake, Just a shout out from South Florida. I got the same truck but it hardly needed any work. (YEA!)
I have enjoyed reading the thread and it has given me some motivation to get busy fixing some rust spots and such.

I will be in our Veterans Day Parade for my first one and also at our new Indian Street Memorial Bridge dedication ceremony. Should be fun.

HASSON1911

Looks great Jake.
Jake, Just a shout out from South Florida. I got the same truck but it hardly needed any work. (YEA!)
I have enjoyed reading the thread and it has given me some motivation to get busy fixing some rust spots and such.

I will be in our Veterans Day Parade for my first one and also at our new Indian Street Memorial Bridge dedication ceremony. Should be fun.
Thanks guys, I love looking at her all clean, but comments like these are what really makes me feel like I've done a job well done, and keep me going to making her complete and prety!

HASSON1911

Truck si being turned into an A1, CTIS got the 5 stars of death, and I promised myself the first hiccup that I would disable it. Yesterday I unplugged the controller and to day am taking of a front and rear valve to fab up plugs. Pictures to come!

HASSON1911

Have you ever answered 2 questions while looking at one problem, well I'm special today I got 3 questions answered!

1. Why did my CTIS stop working?
2. Why were my tires unbalanced, seeing as the rears don't need counter weights?
3. What did the military do with my front wheel counter weight?

Attachments

Last edited:

HASSON1911

Whelp, my addiction couldn't have been eased this past week, so I did lots work on the truck, Changed fuel filters, replaced fuel line fittings that the military generously stripped out for me! And last but not least worked on disabling my CTIS.

Fabbing up caps for the front axle, Pics soon.

Rear axle plugs, next to impossible to find in my town.

7/8'' bolt will work be ready to cut them down, you wont find a 1/2'' long bolt

Plugs, most menards or stores of this caliber should carry them. make sure they are "air" fittings. Fine thread plumbing plugs may work, but bear in mind it will not be a air tight fit without some plumbers tape... and even then no guarantees. Want to know more research NPT and NPTF threads. It not as cut and dry as fine thread and coarse threads as many think it to be.

Finally, the solution I decided to do, it may not be available to all but it is as close to a guarantee as you will get for air tight. TIG welding the inside of the compression fitting. Pics to come as soon as I finish and install all four plugs.

HASSON1911

Has anybody added a fuel booster pump to their a2? I know the 250's are relatively easy starters in winter but at 60* my truck is having a heck of a time starting. I cant help but think if their was a pump to build fuel pressure it would help enormously especially starting deuces with and without operational fuel pumps!

HASSON1911

Okay stupid me, the transfer pump is your fuel pump, driven by your cam shaft, to test it you have to undo the hose going to the water separator and crank for 30 sec. with the fuel shut off pulled. and you should have ATLEAST 150ml of fuel if it is less than that you have to replace you pump, or run the risk of damage to the injector pump. I will be testing tomorrow, case of beer bet that I need a new pump!

HASSON1911

Winch arrival in t-minus 2 days!!!!

Karl, I cleaned up the tarp just waiting on the bow corners to arrive, thanks smittyjr355! In the mean time of waiting for the winch and bow corners Im going to go get the wood cross members.... anybody help a guy out with those measurements.

HASSON1911

In need of this sensor, got cracked. How? I dont know, probably over torqued being its only plastic, but, too the parts thread i go!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks