• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My "ACE and a Half"

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I look forward to those 2 or 3 days in August, when we can use A/C!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also got started on the 3 color camo. Not sure I am real good at the pattern, or if I even like it. Maybe I'm just to critical because I got used to all green. Still got to go higher on the truck and the other side, but its a start.

**Also- Bought an impacting air ratchet--could be the best tool ever invented!

IMG_0311[1].jpg

Looks Awesome!! You guys in Central NY have all the fun. Impressive creativity and excellent execution. Thanks for helping saving our planet and not letting another vehicle be a single use item. Keep up the great work...

Last edited:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished up the 3 color camo, I guess I like it? Its got to grow on me. Also put my 10K lb skidsteer on the see how the truck would handle a full load. 14K total between load and trailer and the rear of the bed only dropped 3/4 inch loaded. I love this truck. Grand total invested is right around $1500. Pretty good deal.

IMG_0313[1].jpgIMG_0314[1].jpgIMG_0317[1].jpgIMG_0316[1].jpg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The three-color camo is growing on me. The first picture made me go "Hmmmmm"

You need to add a hood scoop like this one. Or may some styling hubcaps :mrgreen:

Attachments

Last edited:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clyde Before the tear down.jpgHere is what I actually started with, this was the RV I bought locally off of ebay.

The three-color camo is growing on me. The first picture made me go "Hmmmmm"

You need to add a hood scoop like this one. Or may some styling hubcaps :mrgreen:
Ha! I saved the hubcaps from the RV life it previously served. I think I'll keep them on the shelf. The camo has really grown on me in two days, I love it now. The hood scoop.....IDK about that one......

Last edited:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I took "Clyde" for his first real work out. About 10,000 lbs of oak going to a sawmill show in Buffalo. About 200 miles and no issues at all. Truck did great. Only bad part was the AC crapped out.

Attachments

Last edited:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First "recovery". Went to 450 miles R/T to pick up a parts truck M1009. Barely knew it was back there. Averaged 12 mpg towing, Tool boxes and flat bed make for a very good recovery vehicle.

Rusty Blazer.jpg

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We also have a midas 460 motorhome in the barn, with a bad rv coach on it. 55,000 miles, and runs great, but the rv part is rotted out and junk.

Anyone want it? Probably going to scrap it, don't have the time to do what you did.

Very nice job, looks like a very useful truck.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will do. It has just a touch of rust, carb'ed engine, and non overdrive. Plenty of power, moved the motorhome like nothing.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WH do you still have these? We should have done this at SSGR 2013, maybe 2014?
Yes I do. I didn't even think about bringing them last year.

Plans are to attend this year. If not We can find a way for the SS Express to get them your direction.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a great idea.

dougco1

Been looking for one. Got one?
Still need a grille guard? I have a slightly bent one ill be taking off my M1009 in the near future that you can have. It could work for you with a little heat and modification to fit the ford bumper. Just have to arrange a pick up (1 hour drive).

Doug

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a great idea.
Thanks, I had it laying around and got tired of looking at it sitting there.

A note, though. One bed was from an A1 and one was from an A0. The mounting tabs appear to be in different positions! I would have thought that to mount the beds back for the extra space for the super singles they would have moved the tabs on the "frame" and not the beds??

Added an extra R&R as we didn't plan for that, but got it done in a few hours.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks