• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My "ACE and a Half"

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or, a headliner?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nah. A2 will be when I get around to a Cummins 12v swap. Still looking for the right donor.
Picked up one of those today. $1K for the whole truck. Pics to follow.

On the brush guard, chop it up and modify it to make it work for you.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1994 with the P7100 inline pump. Only 200K on the clock.
4x4 w/manual

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

thz71

Awesome build I'd love to have something similar it'd be really handy. Biggest pain would be closing the back of the cab up

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome build I'd love to have something similar it'd be really handy. Biggest pain would be closing the back of the cab up
Thanks!
I was going to use a cutoff van back with the roof section still attached. I found this cab back at a commercial scrap yard. Off of a junked UHaul. Really wasn't too bad. The original cut away cab had the flange and even the bolt holes to put them together. Yeah it's def handy.

KaiserM109

NICE project and well executed.

I have been eyeballing a truck for its cab to put on my M923. My wife hate the truck and won't ride in it. The cab in your project is the same as the one I have been looking at and I like it because it has more of a nose than most vans.

My reservation is can I make a big enough hole in the firewall to cover the back of the engine and will the front fit over the radiator. I was thinking that I would take the fenders, the hood and the grill and weld them together and hinge in the front. From what measurements I have made, I would have to open up the wheel wells.

Got an opinion?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks