• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cylinder liners engine type multifuel LDT 465 1C

Stanles

Hey guys, I have a question about an engine type multifuel LDT 465 1C. Are there somewhere a cylinder liners available? There should be 2 types according to a manual, type Z and Y. Does anybody know how they are placed in to the engine block? Does it have some interference in upper part of a block or does it have something at the bottom of a cylinder? If the liner cracks, can it fall down to a crankshaft? How to replace the cylinder liners?

Cylinder liners in the engine has an internal diameter of 4.56 inches (standard) and XTERNAL diameter is 5.02 inches.
Can this cylinder liners buy? What are the indications?

This is to remove the oil pan through axle?
When he gives cylinder liners must earn crankshaft?

It's the Reo M35A2

Thank you Standa

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The liners are held in place by the cyl heads. I'm not sure how to tell a Z from a Y. If the liner cracks/shatters, it will fall into the oilpan. Yes you can take the oilpan off without taking the axle out, but you might need to jack the truck's frame up a little.

Brad Nitzke

To bad it didnt have the gasser in it. i have a freind who has a set or 2. (liners,pistons,rings) and the such. good luck in your hunt for info/parts.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are a couple of years late to the party. GL sold a whole bunch of complete piston kits (LDS-1-A piston, cylinder liner, and LDS oiler pipe) in lots of 9 each back in 2009 or 2010. But, never fear, you've already been directed to White Owl Parts, who should be able to fix you up. If not, the Hercules Engine Company is rebuilding the farm tractor version of the engine, and last time I checked they will sell a rebuild kit for the whole engine for about $2800 - pistons, liners, bearings, gaskets, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks