• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tatra 813 vs MAN Kat1 10t

duncan

VIN is on the right side of the center tube between 2nd and 3rd axle.

Engine Number is on the front side on the left (thus right when looking at it from the front ;) ) of the engine, at the height where the oil filler tube connects to the crank housing, and the second fuel filter is located. It will be something like T930-12-etc-etc.

Last edited:

Henrik74

Engine Number is on the front side on the left (thus right when looking at it from the front ;) ) of the engine, at the height where the oil filler tube connects to the crank housing, and the second fuel filter is located. It will be something like T930-12-etc-etc.
No number on my engine...
Did find a number on my spare engine...:roll:

Thanks for the help Duncan!

Did get my speedometer back today, it just needed some cleaning an lubrication to work. The truck have been parked in a garage the most of the last 10 years so some thing needs a little lubrican.

And orderd a new id plate (I have miss placed the old one some were :doh:)

It`s going on the right way to get it to the registration MOT :)

Last edited:

Henrik74

20140405_190538.jpg
New seats, Im 1,97 tall so needed some more space for my head [thumbzup]
And a new Id-Plate, thanks Duncan for the picture, now I have the right info on the plate.

20140405_165227.jpg

Some lights on the side on the truck (Swedisch registration rules)

20140405_191636.jpg

Ready for a test drive!! :lol:

The truck is now ready for the Registration MOT, will phone them on Monday and get a date and time for the MOT!!

Henrik74

The lower part is DIY the part just under the seat is from the old seat. But I didnt have the orginal seat in my truck.

duncan

What is the ring in the ceiling of the cab; is that a gun mount?
Just a roofhatch / manhole, theres two of them, one for the commander and one for the back seats behind the driver. No special gun mounts there, and I doubt the thin sheetmetal roof would appreciate one either ;)

Henrik74

FINALLY!

Now it is registered and inspected!!! :smile::smile::smile::smile:

To my knowledge it is the first Tatra 813 registered lorry in Sweden and not heavy off-road vehicles or racing gear ...

They found two errors, had two worn tires (stupid me, have tires laying around:patracy:) but easy to fix.
And play in 3 wheel bearings, not so much that I did not pass the inspection, but enough that I need to fix these.

Is it just to remove the hub cover and tighten the berings? And if so how much?

One more bad thing Is that some one did steal 150 liters of diesel in the Easter holliday from the truck...

Here are some pictures

bild 3.jpgbild 4.jpgbild 5.jpgbild 6.jpgIMG_297904695591640.jpg

Attachments

Another Ahab

FINALLY!

One more bad thing Is that some one did steal 150 liters of diesel in the Easter holliday from the truck...

Here are some pictures
Sorry to hear about the theft.

There is low life anywhere you go in this world; I hope you won't let it get you down.

On a positive note: the truck is a beauty.

Carlo

FINALLY!

To my knowledge it is the first Tatra 813 registered lorry in Sweden and not heavy off-road vehicles or racing gear ...

They found two errors, had two worn tires (stupid me, have tires laying around:patracy:) but easy to fix.
And play in 3 wheel bearings, not so much that I did not pass the inspection, but enough that I need to fix these.

Is it just to remove the hub cover and tighten the berings? And if so how much?

Here are some pictures

View attachment 489847View attachment 489848View attachment 489849View attachment 489850View attachment 489852

Wow I thought our truck inspections were tough in Italia!

Carlo

Does some one have the paint code for the green paint the trucks was orginaly painted whit??
Hi Henrik!
i use the color code NATO green. This was the USA Army exact color for Europen forces plus it matches all the NATO armies.
Hoes things in sweden? I'm coming up there this summer to see a house for sale.

Henrik74

Hi Carlo
Do you have some pictures of the truck after painting?

Its more then ok here in Sweden right now, nice weather sun is shining!!
Were in Sweden are you going??

Carlo

image.jpgHey Henrik.
I have not painted any of my trucks complete. Only touch up. But I did find the color code and PPG, and valspar call the color NATO green.
Im looking at farm houses in central Sweden. The prices are good comparing our prices in Italia that are out of this world.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks