• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air O Matic steering

Kasper31

I just got off the phone with a fellow from ( Maradyne Air O Matic ) so here is some info for those of us with air steering assist problems. First, he says that the "Torque Valve Assy. " that is part of the drag link is NOT repeat NOT rebuildable and will be distroyed when trying to take it apart. In most cases ( not all cases ) the valve will leak air because the accuating cylinder on the axle has failed and is passing air thru it because the special O rings have failed. There are parts available and the cost for the Torque Valve assy. is $847.55 no exchanes, the cost for the piston assy. $1254.65 no exchanges.
I'll have more info on Monday when he send the parts list and some drawings showing the breakdown of the units.

Gimpyrobb is correct, yes you can rebuild the air cylinder, however you will distroy the Torque Valve assy. when you try to get it apart.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Allow me to elaborate, the company is requesting that you buy, buy, buy to stimulate their economy.

Oh, I almost forgot, I think I have 2 of these kits left. I could use some economy stimulating.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
ok, so if they really are not rebuildable ( and i really think they just want you to buy new ) someone send me one that does not work and i will rebuild it. you will have nothing to lose.

welldigger

I thought there was a thread a few months ago where a guy fixed his torque valve? Tho I don't believe there was much info as to how he did that.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
ok, so if they really are not rebuildable ( and i really think they just want you to buy new ) someone send me one that does not work and i will rebuild it. you will have nothing to lose.
concur because I think CruzinZ28 that lives somewhat in your AO rebuilt mine IIRC.

maybe only MD folks can rebuild them (LOL).

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yes and no. I have 2 but they are in MD and I am in TX. They are not accessible either. They will have to wait until I come back in September and they will go for market price ~2500.

Odyssey M

Hey guys,

I just ran across this thread...I have an old pull-off Air-O-Matic I was gonna put on my deuce; however, I sold the truck prior to adding it on. If anyone is interested in it PM me. I'll snap some pics for those interested.

rebelliners

Any rebuild kits or parts left out their I am in truly need of the safety valve that mts on fire wall and controls use if pressure is over or under 60psi.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Any rebuild kits or parts left out their I am in truly need of the safety valve that mts on fire wall and controls use if pressure is over or under 60psi.
Cross posting (posting the same thing everywhere you can) is frowned on here.

Your question has been answered in the other threads you posted about.

tobyS

I've seen a lot of posts on rebuilding and seals but has there been discussion of custom making new components for add on to the A2 or A1 or replacement parts on A3 ? They do seem to be in short supply.

I have not been into mine yet, so need educated in the operation and any good improvements.

yolner

I've seen a lot of posts on rebuilding and seals but has there been discussion of custom making new components for add on to the A2 or A1 or replacement parts on A3 ? They do seem to be in short supply.

I have not been into mine yet, so need educated in the operation and any good improvements.
There aren't that many of these trucks on the road to make it worth it. Going to be hard to get any parts at all in a few years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks