• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield wiper question.

I've been tearing through my M151A2 learning everything that I can, reading the TM's, etc. I have everything working as it should except one thing... The windshield washer fluid won't squirt out onto the windshield. I have verified that the lines are not plugged and nozzle assembly on the hood is fine. When I lift the lever I don't hear anything. I was trying to locate a pump or motor, but I had to wrap it up for the day. What type of pump or motor is it and where is it located?

I had all the wheel spindles and brakes apart today and serviced everything. Once I get everything 100%, I will probably start the paint restoration.

I like this thing!

Jay Mallari

To check if the pump works, remove the two rubber hoses that supplies the pump/lever ONE AT A TIME.
When you pull the lever upwards, feel the pump hose fitting with your index finger. You should feel suction.
This is the hose fitting for the windshield washer fluid reservoir. Disconnect the other rubber hose and engage
the pump/lever and you should feel a gush of air coming out from the hose fitting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks