• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTVR Manuals

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, having a totally impossible time trying to find Oshkosh MTVR manuals. Anyone have any ideas on trying to find some. :?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, having a totally impossible time trying to find Oshkosh MTVR manuals. Anyone have any ideas on trying to find some. :?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!
How about posting the TM numbers of what you are looking for. That way if we come across any of them, we will recognize what they are. As I sit here looking at a sealed copy of TM 9-2320-342-10-1 (Truck, Wrecker, 8X8 M984A4).

sandcobra164

Just now seeing this. Most of the MTVR manuals are on CD in the newer Interactive Electronic Technical Manual format. They did release some PDF type manuals when the trucks first come out. Let me look around when I get to work tomrrow and I may be able to help. I know I can get the IETM version but it takes some getting used to when it comes to navigating those vice the old type manuals. I know I have the operators stuff but I'm sure your looking for the maintenance manuals.

jmb6741

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anyone find manuals for the MTVR, specifically the MK23? I have to pull the front differential and wanted to see if there were any pointers in there! Thanks!

jmb6741

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That’s awesome, I just finally received some of them that we bought back in July and they are in preserved state and I need to top off and refill everything and replace a bad front differential. Thanks again!

dgbateman

Halftrack, thank you for posting the manual. We recently purchased 4 MK23 and will be repairing them once they arrive. I was hoping that you could point me in the right direction to get a parts manual and an electrical manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dgbateman

That’s awesome, I just finally received some of them that we bought back in July and they are in preserved state and I need to top off and refill everything and replace a bad front differential. Thanks again!
Would you mind sharing where you purchased the manuals from?

halftrack

Sorry for the late response. To answer a few....

the manual I posted is more of an operator manual

electrical and wiring diagrams are really not available to the average joe. You need an Oshkosh laptop, which we had in the Marines, to really diagnose any real issues. The days of fixing stuff with a light pointer are gone.

I posted the manuals serval times on this board and was told by the moderators that they may take them off. So if they are not on this site then they took them down even though they realease these trucks to the public. To me it is a safety issue and owners should have a manual or they could possibly kill someone.

I was in the Marines for 24 years and just retired within the past year. I grabed a electronic version of the manual while they were still handing them out there disk. Now it’s all laptop and computers to fix trucks.

also, if the ECU on the side of the CAT motor is shot, the truck won’t start no matter what you do. last I check they are a few thousandto replace

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I posted the manuals serval times on this board and was told by the moderators that they may take them off. So if they are not on this site then they took them down even though they realease these trucks to the public. To me it is a safety issue and owners should have a manual or they could possibly kill someone.
Yes, we took down the ones that are marked restricted. We've been contacted by the DoD more than once about classified documents.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Manuals MUST be marked as Distribution "A" for them to be available to the public (and "A" does stand for "ALL" meaning not just the American Taxpayers, but all our foreign enemies too.) The higher classifications become more restrictive with each letter. I've only seen one TM classified as Distribution "E", and I did not have a high enough security clearance to look inside it, and was not supposed to see the cover!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks