• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Horn Replacement

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I installed a mini air horn on mine for the same reasons. It is a "snail" design, small motor to compress air attached directly to the horn element. I left my two stock horns wired up and run them in combination with it and it sounds good. I think it cost all of 35.00 shipped.

48cj2a

I went to the wrecking yard and pulled the dual horns from a mid 80s up 87 GM truck or up to 91 Suburban, Blazer and the wiring and soldered it into the CUCV headlamp harness for the factory dual horn option.

Used the factory mounting bolt and locations in the radiator support and now have the optional A & stock CUCV F note horns which sound much better.

cucvrus

DSCF4170.jpgTis true. They have a many multi diode lamps that are NOT DOT approved and are branded for off road use only. The expensive ones are the only DOT approved ones. Thus the expense. You gotta love the guys with the LED light bars on the roof and in the grille. Joy. Even in daylight they have them on. Back in the day I was pulled over for my graduation tassel hanging from my inside mirror. Now it seems short of parking in the middle of the interstate the police just look the other way. Can't blame them they have their hands full. I just bought a pair of the Truck Lite head lamps for my current build. But then I decided to do everything stock. I think I am off topic a bit. Merry Christmas to all.

319cssb

View attachment 751773Tis true. They have a many multi diode lamps that are NOT DOT approved and are branded for off road use only. The expensive ones are the only DOT approved ones. Thus the expense. You gotta love the guys with the LED light bars on the roof and in the grille. Joy. Even in daylight they have them on. Back in the day I was pulled over for my graduation tassel hanging from my inside mirror. Now it seems short of parking in the middle of the interstate the police just look the other way. Can't blame them they have their hands full. I just bought a pair of the Truck Lite head lamps for my current build. But then I decided to do everything stock. I think I am off topic a bit. Merry Christmas to all.
Yeah those pricks with their offroad junk LEDs and lightbars. Lightbars are illegal to be on on the road and totally useless.
i rather spend money to make the truck run reliably. Stock lights are good enough and cost $10 each

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks