• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never heard of the "MVPA TMC19 Lincoln Highway Convoy" . Where was this at ? Looks like a desert area.
https://www.mvpa.org/convoys

100th Anniversary of the first Transcontinental Convoy the US Army completed in 1919.
We started in York, PA and ended at the Western terminus of the Lincoln Highway In San Francisco, CA

Attachments

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just getting pissed.

My M1031 bench fits me fine. A little tight but completely usable.

I get a 1009, and I feel like I'm in a jeep, with the steering wheel in my ***** and my head hitting the ceiling... what the **** is going on here?

I pulled seats out of an S10 since they looked a little shorter... nope...not enough to make a difference. My leg is getting caught under the steering wheel just getting in and out.... and I've had an M1009 before and didn't have that issue... grrrrr

Got it painted, but now I'm chasing electrical gremlins...

I need to get this on the road... it's my only vehicle..

Last edited:

cucvrus

Just getting pissed.

My M1031 bench fits me fine. A little tight but completely usable.

I get a 1009, and I feel like I'm in a jeep, with the steering wheel in my ***** and my head hitting the ceiling... what the **** is going on here?

I pulled seats out of an S10 since they looked a little shorter... nope...not enough to make a difference. My leg is getting caught under the steering wheel just getting in and out.... and I've had an M1009 before and didn't have that issue... grrrrr

Got it painted, but now I'm chasing electrical gremlins...

I need to get this on the road... it's my only vehicle..
Sounds like you have the wrong pedestals under the seats or the seats are just a bit thick at the bottom cushion. I used Chevrolet Astro Van pedestals and S10 Blazer pedestals. Some minor floor bracket fabrication and welding skills are needed. No alterations to the floor at all. I used 3/8" elevation bolts to attach the brackets to the floor. Good Luck. Making shorter pedestals is fairly easy. Don't modify the OEM CUCV ones. They are hard to come by. The type 1 multi piece ones are the strongest and best ones to have. The type 2 seem to crack out the floor around the anchor points. Especially with a big Bass sitting on them and bouncing around.

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like GM Camper Special mirrors. You can pull the mirrors inside the mounts and then rotate the mirror 180 degrees to make them narrower. They are then inside the extended mount arms.

LT67

CAUTION Proceed very carefully in wooded areas with mirrors like that. Reminds me of the Dodges I see on the road with huge stacks coming from the bed. Where did you get them mirrors?
Someone prior to me swapped civi doors and front fenders. Idk why.....

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made progress repainting mine last weekend. Still have to add the camo stripes and lizard skin on the inside this weekend. It's even darker now that it has dried. Originally when the paint went on it looked like Kermit the frog. 71404966_2557012630987718_2728796923073921024_n.jpg72131977_2557012744321040_2679685715800883200_n.jpg71837137_2557401537615494_5767704344778506240_n.jpg

Another Ahab

Made progress repainting mine last weekend. Still have to add the camo stripes and lizard skin on the inside this weekend. It's even darker now that it has dried. Originally when the paint went on it looked like Kermit the frog. View attachment 778907
Kermit. That'd be a great name for your ride! If you were prone to naming your vehicles, that is...

A second to the motion by rustystud: great looking job.

Not a real painting booth or anything (nice "shed" though, for sure), so how did you handle overspray? A fan maybe? or not at all?

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kermit. That'd be a great name for your ride! If you were prone to naming your vehicles, that is...

A second to the motion by rustystud: great looking job.

Not a real painting booth or anything (nice "shed" though, for sure), so how did you handle overspray? A fan maybe? or not at all?
I just had the tarp down. The overspray was already dry by the time it hit the floor so it's like dust on the concrete.

jholler

Swapped m1009 axles with an m1028 donor I bought, replaced differential oil with 75w90 full synthetic (plus additive in the front), all new front brakes, q78-16 TSL Swampers, waiting on a 6" lift so they'll stop rubbing lol. Added a 12k Badland winch, and next month will do a disc brake conversion in the rear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks