• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

rustystud

No lions tigers or bears, but I did rollover the odometer on my M1009 which isn't a really big deal but I did manage to do as I pulled into the parking structure at work so I could record the event.View attachment 783357
I remember when I was young and the family car ( a 1951 Buick) rolled over the Odometer. My dad stopped the car and we had a small celebration on the side of the road ! Back then it was something to have your car go over 100,000 miles and still be running ! Now no one thinks twice about it.

Another Ahab

No lions tigers or bears, but I did rollover the odometer on my M1009 which isn't a really big deal but I did manage to do as I pulled into the parking structure at work so I could record the event.View attachment 783357
I remember when I was young and the family car ( a 1951 Buick) rolled over the Odometer. My dad stopped the car and we had a small celebration on the side of the road ! Back then it was something to have your car go over 100,000 miles and still be running ! Now no one thinks twice about it.
That's a hoot, rustystud!!

College winter break in the late 70's driving with a hockey buddy in his muscle Camaro to Killington VT for some skiing:

- His Odometer rolls over, he pulls off the road and we stop for a 5 minute celebration outside his car in the cold

He had champagne in his glove box (a mini-bottle), anticipating the moment!

A1.jpg

Last edited:

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up the M1008 from Hillbilly Wizard yesterday.

The changed out a multitude of drive line parts that needed replacing. Also changed the front and rear differentials to 4:11. The truck runs much better at highway speeds now.

John and his crew are great to work with, they took care of everything that needed done at a reasonable price.

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1031 with hay bed recently rolled over odometer too and I put 90,000 miles of those on it! Also have a 1980 C20 Chevy that has rolled over the odometer 5 times!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yesterday I pushed smokey harder than he's ever been pushed. Don't try this at home. That's a R100D with a VP100. I was probably close to 26K or more.

78341375_2751784338177068_1512650124025659392_o.jpg

Miah

After more than a couple years of inactivity i finally got the funds gathered and a replacement M1009 purchased today. Got it home just before sunset, so any pics will have to wait until tomorrow when i start going over what it needs & what new parts i can pull off my old blazer.

Chaski

I installed new brake hoses.
The old ones were a little over 6 years old. New ones are a "heavier duty" version of the Crown ones resold by Offroad Designs. Hopefully the jacket over the stainless braid on the new ones holds up a little better.

IMG_0511.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks